Days until Brisa kicks the bucket?

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by [BMF] Chris, Sep 19, 2004.

1. 1 week

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. 1 month

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. 3 months

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. 6 months

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  5. 1 year

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

what do you guys think, the only people buying their stuff is the UK riders buying their bars and stems, so im thinking it may come soon, so lets see what yall think.......

2. felix

felix New Member

But when they release their new frame, everybody will ride Brisa. :D

[​IMG]

3. KyleT

KyleT Guest

Photoshop alert!
    Hey Chris, its not just UK riders that buy bars and stems, lots of Aus. riders i have seen use Brisa bars and stems. I do. In fact, most of my bike is Brisa. And none of it has broke yet

4. icecreamsammy

icecreamsammy New Member

Dude, ride it for a bit and it probably will snap, but yeh, a fair few peeps in oz run brisa bars and forks, i just snapped my forks, but they look cool so im getting a new steerer machined for them.
    I'd like to lock in 3 months thanks.

5. Totaltrials

Totaltrials Guest

Why would anybody want to buy a brisa, obviously it's the riders choice like, i just cannot see it myself.

Phil.

6. Lil RomEo

Lil RomEo New Member

People who buy them usaully becasue you can run rear discs. Or maybe they like the geometry.

7. Shorty2020

Shorty2020 Guest

ive riden a brisa once and the dude said he loved it but i personally didnt but its all in the riders opinion

8. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

i think the brisa frames are hot

9. Peace

Peace pedocrab

Make sure they do it really slow! so there isnt a thread going up the fork (the groove left from the tool bit) every one of those lines is a weak point, thats why the brisa steerers broke so easily, they just quickly machined them out! The strongest pipe/steerer is extruded or drawn. My next forks im gonna make sure its got that!
    Peace

10. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

They should just CNC a whole fork..makes sense... :hsugh:

11. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

I like how they still have Shaun Miller on their site, when he hasnt ridden for them in while.

Maybe they will stop making frames and just make bars and stems.

12. icecreamsammy

icecreamsammy New Member

True, the guy doing it is a very experienced toolmaker so he should know what he's doing, Lindsey's running one of his steerer tubes now and its holding up fine. Hes putting an internal taper so its highly re-inforced at the bottom of the tube (butted i spose you could say), so it should be good.

13. KyleT

KyleT Guest

And Lindsey runs Brisa bars too, he's smart. Unlike you and Joel with your droopy try-all bars, don't know how you use those things....

14. Peace

Peace pedocrab

nice that sounds pretty sweet then.
    im still waiton for my forks to get replaced cos i snapped the steerer and theres a crack on the disk tab weld so they cant just go do that dodgy steerer replacement! i like the forks just hate the cheap rushed steerers!
    Peace

15. ONLY

ONLY New Member

I think brisa are very stylish bikes, they are streety too, and their disk mount are looking very nice, thats why they are good.

16. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I got no try-all bars. Kyle I said it before and I reiterate - there is something wrong with you. I run echo bar and stem yeah. I don't see the point in making the front end of a bike as short as you can, running low stems and short forks, and then putting a half inch of rise in a handlebar, I can't see any advantage at all.

having said that, the brisa bar is the best bar I've ever run, shame about the stem. If they made a couple of stem geometry options and didn't weld them out of old plumbing pipe in some guy's garage they would make more money.

- Joel

17. Tanner

Tanner New Member

one year, because they;ll pull something out of their ass and then everybody will be like "oh, its a brisa? fuck it"

18. Lil RomEo

Lil RomEo New Member

Kyle T-Not everyone likes their bikes set up like yours.

Personally I think Brisa bikes are the sex, because for mods I like shorter geometry and rear discs would be nice.

19. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

doesn't that ass bag trialscoach ride a brisa?

20. KyleT

KyleT Guest

Shit, sorry Joel. I meant another Joel, one i ride with on a regular basis, who runs try all bars. My post was more directed at icecreamsammy, a fellow Adelaidian (not sure about that word).