Damn..

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Little Android Man, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

i didnt even get to ride my new wheels...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i was cleaning my bike before they got here, took off the duct tape covering the scrapes on the chainstay and look what i found! sorta sucks since you know...im riding saturday and sunday? and the pythons still arent even close to the US..damn. haha the funny thing is, ive been riding it like this for like at least a week...EB Green fuckin rocks.

2. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

that thing is torn up... damn, you said it.

3. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

That's some good work right there. It sucks, but always fun to break stuff!

4. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

its already screwed, i'd drill some holes and attach some bracing, if you've been riding it broken for a week already then its gonna be fine for a few more days with some more metal on there.

...maybe

5. bwagner

bwagner New Member

J B weld it dude, it'll hold up;)

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

just put the tape back on and forget you ever saw anything... until the tube sheard and stabs you... then worry about it.

7. poutine

poutine Guest

One mighty fine idea.

That frame has ooficually been :Owned:

your old wheel,lever and such as well.

8. Little Android Man

it figures my wheels are done today. i think i might actually throw some tape on it for a few minutes while i "wear them in." maybe find some krazy glue or something. i mean if it worked before...

maybe its time to make the "uci switch" and keep away from that bash even moreso than before...

9. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

hahahaha wow good job. yeah the tape idea is teh best so far ;)

10. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

Definitely J-B weld it! That's your best shot without welding (and then re-heat-treating). I suggest laying down teh J-B weld uber-thick, then taping over so it smooshes into the crack, and ends up smooth on the outside. Then give it overnight (or longer) to cure. Good luck -

11. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

riding UCI is the only thing keeping my koxx in one piece, if i hadnt been riding UCI, my frame woulds be in 5 pieces, ill post pics later..........

12. Little Android Man

i really didnt use the bash all too much though, when i did i tried to be smooth, but i guess it doesnt matter hwo smooth you are when your landing on your frame.

right now im not too worried about it, Ed's lettin me use his old echo frame for a few days :)D ) but once i get back from this weekend my moms friend is gona fix it with some tape, hot glue, glitter and ribbons. should be good as new.

13. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

tape, hot glue, glitter and ribbons are the very best way to bond metal together.
    it will last for ever if you dont sell that awesome frame.

14. Little Android Man

heres a few pics of what the bike would look like...

[​IMG]
    using the only thing stronger than duct tape...i repaired my frame. been riding it like this for over an hour.
    [​IMG]
    new disc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tryallllllllllllllll
    [​IMG]

i just had to break everything in.....

15. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

i broke two of those frames in the same place, I rode one at a national event in durango last year broken almost just like that and it held up fine