Damn blisters...cheap ass Fox gloves...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by oicdn, Jul 9, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Well, I got new gloves....Fox Incline...

I thought since it was hot as balls no I would get a lighter full finger glove...so when I got them, I got a size small and they're SNUG, and I figured they'd stretch like my Trek Freeride gloves did...

Now I have a blister on my left hand under my pinky about the size of a dime....infact, I slid a dime under it cause it was flapped halfway open....and on my right hand the same size, but under my ring finger...WTF?

Should I just keep using them or ditch them?

Shitty blisters...is this normal? Are you supposed to get blisters when you switch gloves? I've switched gloves numerous times freeriding, but your hands aren't as "involved" so I'm curious....

2. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Maybe it's the size of the new gloves. I've never had too much luck with gloves, but I do remember that the original Mechanix gloves ruled. Very thin single layer palms, no wierd stitching patterns on them inside, just what you need in a glove, and not much that you don't need. Only my opinion though
    ~Bruce Wagner

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

maybe stop complaining and decide for yourself to get new gloves. don't get shitty light non full fingered gloves, get fox dirtbike gloves. they work great. i've had great luck with my mechanix so far

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah.....the trek gloves were thick freeride gloves.....these Inclines are single ply leather palms...nothing fancy at all...thought it was what I wanted...maybe I got a size too small????

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

MOTOX GLOVES
    they work....very well. if that's too thick for you and you're going to be a pansy then some mechanix, as i just said in my last post.
    thin grips+thick gloves=perfectness

6. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

my mechanix lasted me like 2 eyars of freeriding and a couple months of trials, very good gloves. those were fast fits, then i got the originals last week and ive fallin a mess onto my palms and fingers and there are no rips on them at all, and they stretched out perfectly/are super thin, i like them.
    and i like the thingrips+thin gloves equation better.

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I prefer: thick grips + no gloves = better

Dont buy fox gloves.

8. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

i have the fox incline, cant say anything negative about them,never had a blister with them.
    Yes they are thin... but thats the idea.

9. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

i gave up on gloves because of blisters i now run foam grips and have had no trouble since

10. Cole

Cole New Member

How the hell would you get a blister on your pinkie? Who grips hard enough with it to do that? Do you brake with your index fingers?

11. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

i did when i freerode because when your doing jhops and such you tend ot use the outside of your hand to grip and it twists so you get blisters and such.

12. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Fox gloves aren't the best but I like the design :p I had a weird blister, one inch below my ring finger...that was painful :|

13. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Thin xc gloves are the way to go. Be a man! Develop some proper skin. I used to get mad blisters. Now I don't. My experience with thick dh gloves is that they get full of sweat and stuff and removes some of my feeling of control. I got me some Troy Lee Designs xc gloves. They are the best I've ever had.

14. Shipley

Shipley ..........

I've had 3 pairs of these gloves and loved every one-still using the last pair. They hold up really well. You likely have a size too small. Thin gloves ARE the way to go down here unless you like your glove to be full of sweat.
    No blisters. Ever. Only callouses.

15. jimmyboy

jimmyboy Guest

Get some 661 NASTY gloves. They are light, have good knuckle protection, and they have these little grip things on the fingers that work super good.
    i use them for motorcross, trials, and dirt jumping. I love them.

16. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah...thing is...I already ahd calluses from riding. So I didn't think I'de get blisters. When I got these Fox Inclines, I blistered RIGHT BELOW the callus..fuckin wierd. Thought it was bar positioning since I just put it back together from my trip, so I adjusted the bars slightly and I still got the same pain....crappy.

Yeah, I've got a small callus about an inch below my ring finger...wierd. And the blister behingd the pinkie is from like he said, your hands slightly tiwst when you pull and position the bars....I already had a callus there, but like said above, the blister was right below the callus.

I life the "feel" of these inclines...I think I'll just go buy a larger size and if I still blister...well, I know I'm a wuss and need thicker gloves...

17. vince

vince Member

race face flow.

18. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

i like the 661 comp gloves, cheap and decent protection, i go thru about a pair per month, of riding everyday