Damage Proofing?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Stock, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

I wondered what I could do to keep my bike from damaging property if I mess up. For example, would it be possible to make a rubber bashring or cover the existing one with rubber to prevent it from chipping pieces off when I miss an up?

I can't think of other ways that the bike can damage property actually, but if anybody thinks of one, and a solution for it, that would be much appreciate.

2. Tanner

Tanner New Member

3. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

Yes because riding UCI means I will never make a mistake :hsugh:

4. felix

felix New Member

:rofl: Either you ride hardcore UCI style and never use your bash or you get another rockring.
    There are some rockrings made of Lexan, for example the NC17 Ring God Lexan.
    It's way too huge for trials, but maybe you can make you own rockring from lexan.

[​IMG]

5. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Lexan would rock I wonder how much bashing it can take ^_^

My Nalgene lexan is still good after four years...thing is bullet proof like they say...

6. bwagner

bwagner New Member

E-13 is doing a nice small Macrolon ringthis year, just e-mail them and ask about it. The more mail they get about it, the quicker it'll be available to us!! Too bad it's not for my Middleburns though:(

7. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

i took a 32t e13, and machined it down on a lathe, and ive been beating the ever living shit outta it, and its still not broken

8. Mr_Penut

Mr_Penut you gonna get raped

I throw mine off cliff's just to act cool.

When people ask what I'm doing, I say I'm as tough as the nalgene.

I run shit in suburbia.

9. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

i dont see why anyone would want a lexan bashring for trials (unless you made a really tiny one for uci that was ridiculously light or something. But aside from being clear I dont see any advantages over anything else. I dont thin "chipping" stuff should be a concern to you, basically it happens so either dont try to go to bashring too much, or dont ride on carbon fiber ledges? I dont know, I dont see much "chipping" from riding unless you are doing the same part of the ledge time and time again to bashring.

Oh and the e-13 or lexan based bashrings also suck cause they are springy. I did an up to bashring on my street bike and it flung me up an extra few inches and was really scary. Even disasters (bashring stalls) are freaky because of how unpredicatble it is. Just get a metal bashring and man up...soldier.

10. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

never noticed the springiness....but i only ride street, and i find the lexan MORE grippy on concrete than aluminum (unless your grinding on it, then its definatly slick as hell)