Observed Trials banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts
Andrew David said:
If you are going to go as far as dropping new motors into cars, who gives a shit what it starts out as. Worthless argument.
A good chassis is what it's about as well. That's why Miata's are such sick cars in AutoX. I'm not looking for a car that has just straight line, I l9ike to be able to push my car through the twisties. People drop either a turbo, a 2 or 3 rotor in there(RX7 motors), or do the monster miata conversion and have a car that has SICK straight line driving with almost unstoppable handling. I know for a fact the Monster Miata conversion only throws off your distro to like 52/48 and adds 300lbs, but you also gained 200 HP. In most cases more cause people drop built 5.0 motors into them. A 400lbs heavier car like that with a distro of 52/48, all you would need is better preload, and possibly a 1 1/4 bar up front to correct it and have it's handling like it did previous to the swap....

That's why the motor swaps are valid arguements....but if you're just talking street dcommuting with no weekend fun, then yes, you're right, motor swaps are moot arguements...

monster miata's handle like ass. 13B and 20B engines won't fit in a miata easy enough to justify doing it. It's cheaper to turbo the factory motor or bore it out to 2 liters and turbo it.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.