Czar Neuron 24 street trials- review request

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by GeWol, Mar 8, 2018.

1. GeWol

GeWol New Member

Was wondering if anyone here has ever tried the new Czar Neuron 24 street trials? My question is, how does it feel to ride? Is the wheelbase too short? (965mm). If you've tried it, would you be able to comment on how it compares to an Inspired Skye?

I'm after a street trials bike that is responsive and easy to bunny hop/pull up at the front wheel. My current bike is a czar street trials 2014 model (wheel base 1020mm, chainstain 360 mm, head tube angle 72 dgr). It's ok but I'm sure there's something better out there!

The Czar Neuron 24 has a pretty short wheel base of 965 mm (with chainstay 365mm and
    head angle 73.5°). Geometry seems similar to an Inspired Skye, however the Skye has a slightly longer wheel base of 977 mm. I'm relatively short (168 cm tall) and so I think a shorter wheelbase would work better for me. I'm just concerned the Czar Neuron might be too short.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Swoofty

Swoofty Member

I've been on my 24" Czar Neuron for almost 2 months now and it's my new favorite bike. My Iron is 985 wheelbase and it feels the same as the Neuron. The biggest difference is the weight. The aluminum Neuron is so much lighter than my Iron and I can feel it in pretty much all moves except gaps oddly; they gap about the same. I've never ridden a Skye because I'm not a millionaire. If you can afford a Skye, go for it, otherwise you can buy 3 Neurons and ride with some new friends. I had a 2014 Czar as well and the biggest upgrades are the better headangle (finally!), the tapered fork and the 15mm thru axle. The Neuron is not a perfect frame, but it's the best Echo St Trials frame so far for sure. I plan on doing a YouTube review of it soon. Enjoy! Czar1.jpg Czar2.jpg