croatia

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by mikeschiavone, Mar 30, 2004.

1. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

this is to the guys who are going to croatia, do any of you have bleed kits for maguras? i had to take off my vees because of a new frame, and the only maguras i have are from a mod. i was gonna put on some longer housing, which i have, but i dont have any oil/syringes/tubes/fittings. can any of you bring it out there? or, do any of you have some 4 bolt-to-vvee adapters?

2. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

go to a bike shop that stocks magura shit, get a barbed fitting. Go to hardware store, get some thin pvc hose shit, like the fishtank sized stuff, go to a motorcycle shop and get some 2.5 or 5 weight motorcycle fork oil. find a syringe on the street. or chemist. there you have it, a bleed kit, and cheap. Should be like $15 total max. You only need a babed fitting for the bottom, the top you can just shove the hose in.

3. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Well since you're leaving tomorrow, I don't think buying one wil work, eh?

Mike will have one, as will Kevin, I think.

Mike for sure though. No tools for me though, only roll after roll of film!

4. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

dude, bleedkit = 1hour of shopping time max.

5. warpig

warpig Guest

+$25 for gas and food while on your quest ;)

6. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

well every thing was pretty close to gether when i got mine. like walking distance, ididnt have a car.

7. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

zee germans will have small parts. i have no oil since i run some sort of super duper secret fluid that everyone in the world knows about.

i wouldnt stress it, the germans should have whatever we dont... see you in a few hours.

8. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Kevin runs dihydrogen monoxide in his lines, I run it in my camel back

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

:rofl:

10. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

that dihydrogen monoxide is pretty dangerous stuff, especially when certain elements are suspended in the solution. Right now, there's a HUGE dihydrogen monoxide scare in DC. The DC gov't is taking great pains to clean up public and private facilities that are experiencing a dihydrogen monoxide problem.

11. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

I'm bringing a bleed kit, but no magura fluid. If i need to bleed i'll use some of that secret French stuff. I hear it works great.

12. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Where the hell did you get it? The Denver area is going to have a shortage of the chemical soon. save as much as you can.

13. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

it's nasty shit, it kills millions of people every year, yet it's dumped into our oceans and rivers by the thousands of gigalitres every day... I'd stay away from it if I were you...

- Joel

14. Paul

Paul Guest

What frech stuff liquid for Maguras ? :cool:

15. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

dihydrogen monoxide

16. OTAdmin

since someone asked me, dihydrogen monoxide = water. I was just jacking around.

17. Paul

Paul Guest

H2O .. and it`s not necesarily French,everyone has some :p i`ll just stick to my sewing machine oil ... :eek3:

18. sebLG

sebLG New Member

kevin runs water in his lines?

19. OTAdmin

Yes, lots of people do it.