Cranks

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by xxxfr, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Middleburn

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. Bike Bonz

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

Well, my cranks on my freeride bike are shot, so im going to put my diablos on there, and get a new pair for my trials bike....

My question is, middleburn, or bonz, the new ones. Both ISIS :down:, but what else is there, i like that the middleburn has the livetime warrenty, but i dont think ill have my cranks for 10 years anyway, so the bonz warrenty is plenty...

2. goose

goose New Member

bonz

If I were to do it, I'd get bonz cause they're made in my hometown vancouver, and sponsor canadian trials comps and riders. I've heard they're really good about warrantying stuff too. Oh, and price would play a factor to. Middleburns are more expensive, I think.

3. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

middleburns are about $40 more

4. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

isis is alot safer then square taper. dont give a thumbs down. you'll give newbies the wrong idea.

here comes the long debate of square vs. isis. great.

5. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

ISIS is the way to go even though it more expensive. All the square taper carnks I had started to go south.

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

I vote again for ISIS, their well worth the stiffness and strength, not too much $$ either.

7. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

jesus.....u took that the wrong way, i still hate isis because it loosens up, but its 1000 times better than square taper. I guess its because ive never owned a REAL good set of ISIS cranks. Truvativ hussefelts a few times because they came on bikes....and everytime i ended up throwing them away

8. Elan

Elan steve french

i have the try-all cranks. they are really nice. if i didnt have those, i would have gotten the middleburns... for some reason i dont like the bonz as much. oh well. i know nothing

9. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Truvativ had a huge problem with ISIS. You will not have a loosening problem with the Bonz or the Middleburns. I say go Bonz. Cheaper and lighter I believe. Neither crank you will have to worry aboots warranty issue. Middleburns you are paying more just to get them shipped over here.

10. Cole

Cole New Member

Umm...try using a torque wrench and tightening to spec. Nobody ruins isis cranks if they install them properly. Bonz are where it's at.

11. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Plus you can put good old loctite on the bolts that hold the cranks.

12. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, i do both, torque and locktite, but after a few months the left side crank always has play in it, when the bolt is tight, truvativ is shit, i think ill get the bonz, theyre cooler looking

13. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I have the Bonz Square taper...I ahev no problems. I woulda got the ISIS if my frame didn't come with a BB....but so far, this square bonz is treating me fine...watch today be the day my BB snaps, LOL!

14. trialsbug

trialsbug New Member

Do Bonz or Middleburns make a stock crank that is compatible with a front free wheel?

15. B1105

B1105 New Member

I'm not sure, I think one of the middleburns may, or I don't know anything.

16. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, someone does, i forget who...

17. Elan

Elan steve french

i know try-all does, and i am pretty sure that at least middleburn makes one too...