Observed Trials banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Just get a new monty crank, they are cheap, here they even sell them separately, per arm, or at least used to.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This may not be relivant, but how long have u been running those pedals? they have absolutely no pins left in them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This may not be relivant, but how long have u been running those pedals? they have absolutely no pins left in them.

I´ve been riding them for more then 6 years on my street bike. Usualy I´m using try all double cages, but I smashed them just one day before that bike show.
It´s quite shitty picture, but there are pins and that pedal has much more grip than my old try all double cage.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Many russian riders remove pins from one side of a pedal. This is what Yahoo did. He has already cracked 3 monty cranks...still the same pedals...

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Many russian riders remove pins from one side of a pedal. This is what Yahoo did. He has already cracked 3 monty cranks...still the same pedals...
What's the point of that? You will just end up wasting time trying to find the "right" side of the pedal.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What's the point of that? You will just end up wasting time trying to find the "right" side of the pedal.
Neither I like the idea...
Their explanation is: "When you have pins on the both sides, you tear them off while riding. When you have them on one side - you use the skinny side for hitting the obstacles and the other side is always grippy. And you get used to finding the grippy side soon with your foot..."

Personally, I prefer getting myself new pedals every time I feel they are not grippy enough. I wouldn't like to land on the wrong side of pedal one time during an unsucsessfull drop-off...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Neither I like the idea...
Their explanation is: "When you have pins on the both sides, you tear them off while riding. When you have them on one side - you use the skinny side for hitting the obstacles and the other side is always grippy. And you get used to finding the grippy side soon with your foot..."

Personally, I prefer getting myself new pedals every time I feel they are not grippy enough. I wouldn't like to land on the wrong side of pedal one time during an unsucsessfull drop-off...
Your explanation is not quiet right... This magnesium padals are brittle and you can break out pins very easy.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yup..I used to have the same very pedals on my Zoo. And yes, the pins torn out quickly. But I would rather have the both sides working properly for a short term, then just have one shitty side and risk...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts