Coustelliers: bad news.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Pancho, May 11, 2004.

1. Pancho

Pancho New Member

I'll go ahead and break the bad news, and JP can add more if he wishes.

I heard the official word today, due to several factors, including a lack of response from American trials riders, the Coustellier Brothers will not be coming to America as we had all hoped. The camps have of course been canceled for the meantime. There is an outside possibility of some other pro teaching them, but for now don't plan on it.

Only five riders had signed up for the camps, and of those five, only three had paid. Those three will of course get thier money back.

We apologize, but hope everyone will still make it to see the rest of the world class riders including Vincent Hermance.

2. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

dude that is so gay.. tell them to come anyways.. i paid for coustellier training not a replacment :(

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

4. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

5. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha.... OMG wait

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha holy christ on a cracker... ahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah :rofl:

6. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

7. kamil

kamil Guest

i want to say i told you so... but i didn't tell anyone. It's always been like this, "hey did you know that <some person> is coming to <some event>" (weeks before).. then a week before the event "oh man.. <some person> isn't coming to <some event>".

oh well this is me just finding away to vent my dissappointment.. the last time this happened to me was when Micheal Jackson was supposed to come to my birthday party... never happened..

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i guess the rest of you guys know how it is now. i thought they were coming to CA......boohoo, this was possibly a once in a lifetime experiance for some.

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

...no hermance?

10. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

I don't find it very funny at all. Having the brothers and other international competitors attend US events would be great for the sport's developement over here. Not since the old Sea Otter events ('98-'00) and the UCI event in Vail have we seen world class riders travel to the US. By backing out, they're basically saying that America isn't worth competing in. Now it may be true, but it's not funny. Having them come could have been a great inspiration to many a US rider.

11. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Why arent they comming? I had no intentions of going to this event, but people seem to laugh or be all defensive about the Coustlier's decision. All of this seems rash, why arent they comming? If we know that maybe we can laugh or be sad.

12. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Pros usually don't come if there is not enough cashola for them plain and simple.

13. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

wtf dude?!! cant you read

14. xumbyx

xumbyx Guest

....going by the amount they are charging for their frames, id figure they could come fly out in a private jet and role up to the comp in a limo or something....

JUST KIDDING. :Wavey:

15. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

A private jet runs a couple grand an hour. Those things get really crappy gas mileage. I don't think they sold enough frames in US to cover half of the distance over the Atlantic on that private jet. (Just jokingly replying to the joke)

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Lets see 3 people actually singed up for the course...they were expecting probably at least 70% more of a response, meaning 403 times as many people. No money = no reason to come...Altough I'm sure all the US pro's would give them a run for the first place prize!! Like...a camelback or whatever it is that they give away.

17. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

yes, i am a dumbass.

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

What I wonder is how much of vincents choice to come compete was driven by the fact that a coos was going to be here. As far as I know vince already has his tickets, but I would laugh my ass off if he cancelled them :rofl:

19. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

hmmm... i didnt see this coming. whatever. it's not their fault. im glad to see the american support was there... way to go us.