Coustellier Frame

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by smudge, Nov 24, 2003.

1. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Wow, some long replies in here. I havent got time to read everything in full (sorry), but...

- Old Echo frames were not made by Pulo. The factory they were made in has now shut down.

- Koxx, Zoo, Echo - all made by Pulo. The Koxx is strong coz its got a hell of a lot of material, the Zoo and Echo are strong because they use good material.

- As one of a privaleged few to have had a decent ride on a Coustellier bike, i think im in a position to comment on it. Theres a few things that jump out at me:

Its PROPER stiff around the BB area.
    The head tube is HUGE (Nothing like the Zoo Pitbul... more on that later)
    Its nice and long (1080 wheelbase)
    Rear end is very stiff - no need for a brake booster.
    It aint gonna be light, im guessing the tube thickness at 1.6mm (between the 2.0mm of the Koxx and 1.2mm of Zoo), especially with all the random tubing and plate.
    Very low and out of the way - rides like theres nothing there, a good thing.

As for the Pitbul... Its a totally different frame. 10mm BB rise, small (relatively) wheelbase, different head tube (the only head tube Pulo use basically), different transfer plate between the seat stays, different chainstay yoke, different chainstays (less curvy on the Pitbul)... uhm, thats all i can think of for now.
    Theres no doubt in my mind that someone grabbed pics of the Coustellier frame at the UCI world champs (its first outing), sent them to Taiwan and got some knocked up. After all, they dont need to do much (if any) testing as theyre so damn good at making frames now.

Over here in the UK, the Coustellier frame hopes to come in at a very competitive price - not certain as yet though. There will be 25 full bikes, and 25 frames only (for now). The 25 bikes will be fully specced out - Coustellier carbon forks (stupidly light, had a play with some at the weekend), Try-All parts (for now), front Louise, rear HS33 (possibly with 'Coustellier' pads - those random green and blue ones), and just general top parts similar to what the men themselves use.

Erm... i think thats about all for now...

Cheers,
    Adam

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

That was the single most usefull post to date, thank you...

The Coustellier sounds much better than the Pitbull, but I'm still gonna probably get the Pitbull - not until next season of course' I'll wait with those fancy exotic frames until I'm a proper expirienced rider.

Just because the Pitbul is different doenst mean it sucks! there are plenty of frames out there that are way more different from the coustellier that dont suck...

3. Elan

Elan steve french

i agree. except for the fact that that post just determined what bike im getting, watch out coustellier. :joshers:

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

pro flex all busted up.... :rofl: what pro flex didnt get all mangled... i rode one at maybe around 110-120 pounds and i jacked mine all up- riding xc! pro-FLEX is right, they were not stiff. maybe good for their time but certainly still hazzardous to the rider's health and well being.

anyhoot- a lot of stuff has already been covered. the rash of broken and junkass echos came from a factory that no longer makes stuff. the new echos have seen a huge improvement in quality.

i agree that just because the zoo is different doesnt make it trash. trash is relative though. the zoo is still going to be a good bike for a bunch of people. it will get the crap blown out of it by the coustellier bike though.

as for these full bikes- suppose those fancy pants green-blue pads came on them- might they be available to a "friend" of the coustelliers? i got a set of haggared ones from michel at worlds but they are... well, worked and i certainly wouldnt mind buying some more from him. also will his ancient chinese secret free-wheels be on them?

5. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

The pads may well be available to the public before too long. As for freewheels... Gilles and Giaco run ENO's as far as im aware... no reason the modified ACS's couldnt be used on the production bikes though.

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

An eno and a profile had sex in fort collins once, the result was a 72 engagement strong freewheel...not that you heard anything from me.

7. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

:blah:

I thought you weren't supposed to say anything :p

:dunno:

Edit: :eek3: this is the 2000th post

8. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i thought they ran "special" ENO's... basically the whole 72 points in a freewheel thingy- what is turning into the new white ind. prototype. i couldnt get the freewheel secret out of the coos's dad.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I just ate 5 different kinds of pie, i dont give 2 flying fucks :)

10. unlearn

unlearn Member

YOU LOUD MOUTH BASTARD!!!! :slap:

Take that...and that...and that

anyway yeah, 72 points on an eno....you might wanna ask Graham about that one..not that I have anything to do with it...

11. Elan

Elan steve french

haha..that has the funny

12. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

Graham = Pinky
    Unlearn = Brain

......still working on the "technical" aspects....but it should be butta for the light of foot........

13. tda

tda tda

Brain eno is the fav of my gender neutral homies!

14. Genesis P. Orridge and Eno collab woulda been epic

tda likes this.