Coustellier Fork

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by cck, May 19, 2004.

1. cck

cck Member

check it oot on vttcoustellier.com

[​IMG]

my french sucks, but, should be out in the upcomming weeks.

2. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

it seems to me that there is no such website :? perhaps you meant www.coustellier.co.uk ? who knows I want one anyway. I shall go a' searchin'.

*edit* - I am stupid, its just that my computer wont let me view the site, it says site not found or something. a retarted lab rat could do better at finding this fork on the internet than I could.

3. Hanxs

Hanxs Guest

URL works perfect for me! :rolleyes:

4. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

guessing it will cost shitloads but probably awesome . i`ll have some if anyone wants to buy one to me and sponsor accepts it .. hmm thats a longshot that is ! hehe .

5. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

Of course, now I see why my "incorrectness" led to an exapirated Kevin in this post. It is the new fork. I wonder how much it will cost and when it will hit US shores. Hmm...wonder.

6. leeson

leeson Guest

Was speaking to Danny Buttler's dad at a comp that Giles came to last year He said the forks would probably retail at about £500. So god knows how much they will cost in the us. Does look damn nice though, he said they had only snapped one pair but they were the proto-types

7. digby

digby New Member

500 pounds(cant find that english pounds sybmol) is only $883 u.s.

double that and throw in $40 bucks and you can get frame and fork together. It better last for at least 5 years of hard ass slaps to cost that much.

think they'd make one with aluminum stanchions instead of carbon for a more affordable version?

here is the google translation:

8. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Its all changed now.

The new forks are made by BETD/Goldtec instead of Fournales. This will bring the price down considerably. Cant really speculate as yet though.

Still in prototyping as far as i know... so i wouldnt hold your breath for a release in 'a few weeks'.

9. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

when you go through $230 koxx forxx once a month or so a 500-700 dollar fork that lasts 12 times longer doest sound like such a bad deal does it?

i didnt know they ahdnt made it public yet when that vid came out- thats why i was being a little bitch about it then.

10. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

500-700 is not realisticly in anyones budget i dont think. it's just too much for a fork. hopefully it will be cheaper.

what do i know though, i need to ride my bike.

11. WhiteRavenKS

there are plenty of cheaper forks (like maybe all of them?) to fit other people's price range. for the brothers this and the fornulae forks were cheaper in the long run.

12. Mehukatti

Mehukatti Guest

carbon fiber is known to be quite sensitive to cuts and hits. that is why i would consider twice paying that much a fork that is so sensitive...

13. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

there is also a pretty thick layert of epoxy that will absorb most of the little scratches, I think anything that is big enough to scratch carbon fibre with the epoxy is big enough to do serious damage to a regular fork also.

14. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Heh.. It would have to have a life-time no questions asked warranty to be worth that price. At least for you average joe.

15. WhiteRavenKS

its not made for the average joe.

carbon can be just as impact resistant as 'conventional' materials as said. i guess gilles broke one of the fornulaes forks in the leg by crackign it a bit- his bike fell from some god awful high up spot onto a bunch of sharp pointy rocks way below. had it been any other fork it would have blown right through the leg of the fork. carbon is amazing stuff if done right.

16. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Ya it's made for hardcore trials riders and those of us who have too much money lying around.

Or just your hardcore local pro Kevin.

Hey Kev you gettin that fork for your coust?? It would shure look cool.

17. WhiteRavenKS

the coustelliers are not making products for the masses... companies like echo are doing that very well right now. the coust family is making stuff that suits their needs- which is just slightly a hair above what most people need.

i dont need one. but i am sick of breaking forks. if this one proves to take care of that, i might consider getting one. there is a huge difference between need and want. i got my ass whomped at worlds by some kid with bald 2.1 tires, acera hubs and janky ass brakes. i want cool stuff but i know its not going to turn me overnight into a bad ass mofo trials rider.

as for looks- im sure it would look nice. i like carbon forks. i had one on my road bike when i had one and i have a dorado on my squishy bike that looks just dandy.

18. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Was that guy with the bald tires a Polish guy??

19. WhiteRavenKS

i think he was check... or however you spell that. i think it was Cep or something? he made finals on a really rickety ass bike. plus he could out dab junior i saw. he was good.