Coust vs. Hermance vs. Belay vids!

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by planetary1, Jun 4, 2004.

1. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

There has been some talk on the discussion forum about Hermance vs. Coust so I thought I'd put up some footage from the UCI worlds in Lugano, Switzerland of those guys in the Elite 26" finals. Very interesting to see how each rider approaches the sections, so since most of us could not have been there this is the next best thing and a big THANKS! to Felix for filming this mind blowing riding! Again, this is raw comp footage with no music.

Giacomo Coustellier [registered users only]
    121.1 MB 13:33
    Kenny Belay [registered users only]
    62.2 MB 6:57
    Vincent Hermance [registered users only]
    32.7 MB 3:39

These videos are now available to registered members of the site only. Click here to register.

2. sebLG

sebLG New Member

AWSOME i so totally cant wait to have these downloaded!! only like 2 hours to go (almost) haha. but sick! first long video of coustellier and belaey! who are both awsome. (as well as hermance but there are heaps of hermance vids) :p

3. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Kenny Owns Giacomo at strato dabs. Look how easily he lifts his bike up on those big tires.

4. sebLG

sebLG New Member

ok that footage i think is a bit too old! i cant believe vincent would take that strato, and five it aswell. there is a video of vinco on his woodman in the exact same section and he takes on strato but does the section like a million times better. humm, thanks heaps for the footage though! quite cool.

5. sebLG

sebLG New Member

fucking hell belaey's style OWNS!!! especially that wedge thing. hes gotta be my favourite rider ... but still in the video of vinco in that section, i think he did better than belaey, because belaey kept using his bash the homo :p ... time for the coustellier video! :bigthumb: ... im a bit into it now, and out of it all i cant believe they are all dabbing so damn much! if they were doing this comp at the level they are at now they would clean almost everything i think. haha, im probably wrong, it is worlds after all.

... hahaha now that i watch a bit more of the coust video fuck he owned that section hardcore. clean! what a champ. anyway, from watching those you can definately tell that at that time at worlds coustellier was way way ahead of the rest, i reckon at least. maybe its just coz he has awsome brakes and a sick nu skool fram, but who knows, maybe things have changed because hermance is definately way better than in that video.

ps: how outrageously stupid was the turning log with tyres !?? who and how the hell would be able to do that without dabbing!? or is that the idea? if it is its stupid.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  6. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Hmmm... It looked to me like Vincent was having a bad day.

7. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Did I not say in the original debate that Baeley was the best comp rider!!! Cause he really is IMO.

8. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

you cant tell if he`s any better now then on that footage we saw there, its a competition, he`s riding maybe things he doesnt like , couldnt concentrate properly, i thought it were an awesome riding , but he did some mistakes, which is too common on competitions . But he has ridden many hours after that round so ofcourse he should in theory be better..

9. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

SebGL, you keep saying things like "at the time" and "back then" and "they are way better now" "that footage is a bit old" like somebody brought out grandma's old B&W home movies or something...dude, it's like 7 months old...things haven't changed that much since the the world championships!...you can't compare a rider's out of comp riding to their in comp riding...have you ever competed? People will screw up little simple things ALL THE TIME in a comp section...having to do something correctly the first time in a comp, not to mention the world championships, puts alot of pressure on the rider and I'm sure they were also a bit nervous, it was the biggest comp of the year...that's why I think that comps are the true measure of a riders skill.

By the way, I didn't mean to sound bitchy at all and I am really happy that you liked the footage!

But I loved how Giacomo totally went for that huge hook move, doing it like that he was either going to do it perfectly or 5 it and he didn't care, he just went for it all out, 100% commitment and confidence..that's why he's the world champ.

10. TRA

your very right planetary 1 . Also if you want to be the best you have to take risks, you might end up lower rather then if you had just "done it the safe way" , but the next time you will make it and get much better scores.

11. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

Hey didn't Caisso come 2nd by only one point?

I wanna see how someone 5'4 could make it up that tire...

12. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

I have a question on scoring.

In the tire section, the Cous brother dabs up the first one, then loses his balance and has to take another dab. On this second dab, he picks up his foot twice and repositions it. The scorer holds up only two fingers. Is that acceptable to do when your foot is down in UCI, or is the judge overlooking that?

13. TRA

Yes that tire were insane , and how easy giaco did it .. such an lamer =P .

14. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

I gave up trying to figure out how that guy does what he does...it's unnatural that someone so small can work a bike like that...

15. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

and no one has footage of him upping the tire that would be probably around 8" taller than him? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase.

Cous definitely dominated out of the footage we saw though. Vinco looked very strong though, much stronger than i've seen him ride this year as far as footage goes.

16. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

this is funny. things are a little different in person. i dont mean to sound like im talking down on you people or anything, im just saying, you might be singing a different tune if you were there to see it in real life.

17. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

fyi: hermance has been owning belaey at comps recently... he's improved a lot since worlds, he even said so himself.

18. felix

felix New Member

In situations like this it depends on the judge, how many points you get.
    I'm sure every other judge at worlds would have counted four dabs, but this guy is a little bit "strange".
    He's German, his reputationis very bad and the German team didn't talk to him at all. Some coaches of the team even felt ashamed that a person like him represents Germany at worlds.
    In the qualification he roared at riders several times just because they had a look at the sections while another rider was in the section.
    But the riders looking at the sections didn't disturb at all, because they were at the other end of the section.
    I saw many riders crossing the tape with the axle in his section, but he didn't recognize it.

Perhaps he needs glasses? :D

19. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

I just have to say that its great to do trials for fun but under pressure during comps must be insane especially when hoping up a tire that is twice your size.

All these guys get a :bigthumb: :bigthumb: up.

20. sebLG

sebLG New Member

dude, you can achieve ALOT in 7 months.