Coust Teaser 2

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by WhiteRavenKS, Jun 27, 2004.

1. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

uhh, a few *VERY* impressive moves in there. I can't wait til the official release of the actual DVD!

3. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

nice kevin, only a few more ups would be nice :)

4. WhiteRavenKS

what are you talking about ed? i put in only one up and it was a small one at that.

this video really doesnt show it but the brothers can slap up stuff pretty decent sized.

5. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

all i saw was one OK jump.. and it was ONLY 5.5 feet. Pshhh Kevin that was lame.

6. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Good stuff Kevin, can't wait till it comes out.
    My laptop has a problem with large screen sized wmv's, where the audio plays fine but the video plays like a slideshow with 1 frame every few seconds, and then plays ok for a couple seconds then repeats. I got to see all the moves after watching it a few times, so that's good. Kind of off topic .

But yea, looking real good.

7. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

impressive stuff. How much run up did the brothers have in a few of the those ups? They were going pretty fast and also uphill.

8. B1105

B1105 New Member

Nice vid, I was very impressed actually by the very first move in the teaser. Nice work

9. WhiteRavenKS

at the time gilles was the only person who did that first line. he basically got up something that was like a bouldering line. it was absurd. video does it no justice. just the first little sidehop thing- he put his rear tire over bar height up that rock face and landed ungodly steep. i dont know if giacomo has done it by now but he said basically "no way, i have never make the line"

as for run ups- the huge one gilles does is uphill... pussy xc racers would have cried about the climb he used as a run up. he was hauling aproximately 7 asses when he hit the up and it was also over 4 feet high at the base of it, probabaly 4'6" from where his rear tire left the ground. he slaps probably better than anyone else right now- when he has a good day, holy snap... that huge metal box he slaps was like no run up (1.5 pedal i guess the rest of you would call it) and went up the box super steep to clear his front wheel up the shed. that box was up to my chin. granted im a short asain but that's still a big up. and the first shot in color- gilles went up that massive rock face, i stood next to where he went up to rear on it and it was taller than me. if i wasnt wearing my brown pants before i was then for sure after seeing him up something taller than me to rear.

10. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

What format are you guys using to play the video? Real Player won't work, Neither will Quicktime. So i used Windows Media Player, which worked OK, a little glitchy though. Any recomendations on what to use?

That video was incredible, i didn't know that shit was possible ? :dunno:

11. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Kevin. I am sure in life this would have been so much more jaw dropping as videos cut down on depth perception quite a bit. Maybe you should invest into a 3D camera and then have people use 3D glasses to watch the vids :)

12. WhiteRavenKS

perhaps... i did just trip over a bag filled with 150,000 dollars in it and i was wondering what to spend it on ;)

the file is .wmv. use windows media to play it.

13. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

i use divx. because i hate my computer

14. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

that first roll up thats done in colour is mad. its like tap then magically float then push from front to rear. I'm genenraly the anti cous type but that shit was pretty dope

15. Elan

Elan steve french

anti-cous? i didnt know they existed...thats kinda like being anti-gandhi, anti-homer, anti-peter griffin or anti-semitic...

anyways. i watched this video, and i thought it was ok.

16. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

no offense but this fisheye lense distortion is just wrong. Would have been 10x better without it. It just screams "wow look leet distortion effect"
    I mean seriously, you dont see people post pics with distortions like this
    , so why use it on movies?

[​IMG]

17. AndyT

AndyT New Member

cryo- shut the fuck up, its been brought up 249820 times and no one wants to hear more whiny cunt bullshit.

adjust to it.

With that said, those guys are...ok ... I guess ... :wtc:

18. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

hey i was just giving feedback, besides i dont think the point of buying a good DVD is to have to "adjust to" something" like you put it.
    Kevin will release a DVD and i think people are more willing(or at least i am) to pay money for undistorted footage of the cous.

19. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Then by all means, do not purchase it- no skin of my or kevins back... of course once you see dozens of people raving about how it is the greatest trials movie to ever be released, you may change your mind.

20. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

never said the whole dvd or footage will suck:dunno: