Coust geo help...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Rue Calton, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Rue Calton

Rue Calton Guest

I need help only for those who own a Coustellier frame.

I need to know exactly what size it is if you were to measure a vertical line from bb to top tube....please measure the distance from centre of BB to bottom of imaginary top tube.

I also need the lengths of each seat tube from weld area to weld area.

2. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

trying to make youre own?

3. Rue Calton

Rue Calton Guest

not really...

I am not trying to make a Coust frame I am making my own custom frame but I like the standover height of the Coust frame....that is Y I was asking for the vertical line from center BB to bottom of top tube if it were to extend further down.

The only person I know with a Coust is in France for the next two weeks.
    I own a Crescent Ilions & the standover height is alright but I want a lot smaller but don't want to small.....My Crescent is currently at 11"..My buddy with the Koxx 1100 has alot of standover height but I think the Coust frame is still about 2-3" shorter.

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

coust is about a 6 inch seat tube. the levelboss is about a 9".

5. Rue Calton

Rue Calton Guest

Kool

Thanx alot....I knew there had to be someone out there to help me out...everyone seems so hush hush about everything...I'm just trying to get some input on making a frame & wanted a few specs from certain frames to finish building my own frame to my specs & not to some pro's specs.

I currently ride a Crescent & it has a bout a 1030-1035 wheelbase w/a 73degree headtube but I wanted sumthin a little longer but w/o making the reach to strectched out for ma as I'm only 5'6"...so I thought something around 1050 w/ 71.5 degrees should not be to bad.

I thought the Coust was somewhere around 6" & the Koxx 1100 around 8" ...Do u think that 6" is to short for a custom rig?? Like stress wise?? will it be solid enough or do u think that is why the coust frame stuck in the 3 seat tubes or do u think that was merely for show purposes?

6. Elan

Elan steve french

my guess is it will be steel, the seat tube height wont matter unless its sub 3" in that case

7. Elan

Elan steve french

3 seat tubes is for stiffness... they make it the stiffest frame ever made.

8. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Apart from this:

[​IMG]

Same geometry (exactly) apart from a 5mm shorter rear end... and weighs a pound more. Stiff as a badger.

9. Rue Calton

Rue Calton Guest

Wow I never new there was another copy.

10. MikeTheBike

MikeTheBike Active Member

Last time I rode a badger, it was hella wobbly. B^D

11. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Ah right, well, there is. Half the price as well. Without the shite graphics, luckily... think i'll be stripping mine...

Hmm, maybe the badgers over there are different to here? :dunno:

12. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Hailing from the badger state I can tell you that badgers are infact, wobbly.

13. Elan

Elan steve french

if it weighs a pound more, then that shit has got to be brutally stifferness than the coust even. fuck

14. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

thats just classic.