Control VS. Pure?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by AndyT, Sep 8, 2004.

1. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Control:
    [​IMG]

About the bike:
    * Made by Ultra 6 alloy.

* The custom made down tube with thick wall, dent proof.

* Special booster for powerful braking. The frame include the booster.

* New CNC drop out offer rigid rear end.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geometry of the Frame:

Wheel Base:1085mm (size L) ; 1065 (size M)

Chain stays length: 385mm

BB position: 20mm+

Head tube angle: 71.0

Pure:
    [​IMG]

About the bike:

* Made by Ultra 6 alloy.

* The custom made down tube with thick wall, dent proof.
    * Has seat for people who require this options.

* Available in V brake mounts also, for rider who wants to run V brake.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geometry of the Frame:

Wheel Base:1085mm

Chain stays length: 385mm

BB position: 10mm+

Head tube angle: 71.0
    Brake mounts: V brake or 4 bolt Magura dedicated mounts.

Same size chainstays, same headangle...+10mm on the controls bb over the Pure, but what does that come out to with a normal sized fork? After running vees for the past month or so I never want to touch them again, so the added V brake option of the pure is not a factor.

2. Shipley

Shipley ..........

The bb rise makes the bike a bit twitchier but helps pulling it up to rear and I got used to it on the Pitbull pretty quick. The Control and the Pit's bb rise seems to be about the same but obviously less if you're running a lower fork so maybe it won't bug you much?

I like the Control much more than the Pure.. only problem i'd have is the bb rise and if you run a regular fork instead of the Pure fork.. and maybe a little longer stem to make up for the slightly steeper head angle?

Basically if you don't want a seat or vee's why bother with the Pure?

How long till you quit again?
    :hsugh:

3. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

pure is outgoing, echo is introducing the bounce to cater for short wheelbase folks, and the control for long wheelbase folks.

I'd say the control would be stiffer in the rear end, with the no seated straight topbue/seatstays thing going on.

Having seen one, they changed it in just the right ways to make it look a lot better than the pure. Looks much cooler, lower and longer, even though it isn't all that much longer.

That booster is much much better than the old echo booster as well, very overbuilt and stiff looking...

the extra 10mm of BB height make it look a lot more spritely...

Of course being outgoing the pure will be much cheaper.

- Joel

4. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Andrew,
    From the pictures of you I've seen, you'll be fine on either. But that being said, in my opinion unless you yearn for a seat, the control might be a better choice for you. My favorite aspect of a slightly higher BB shell is the closer to vertical relationship it will have with the rear axle when on the rear wheel. I'm not sure if my explanation is going to be clear enough, but I'll try anyhow. When flat on the ground, the lower BB height will make your center of balance be lower,thus easier to balance, and more stable feeling. The higher BB will in effect make the bike feel more stable while on the rear wheel because the theorhetical line drawn between the BB and the rear axle will be closer to that of a person standing on the rear pegs of a BMX bike as opposed to the feeling of standing on the pedals. Since you've obviously masterred the track stand, and could most likely shred on any trials bike, the control might just help you with your balance while setting up for side hops, or going directly from the rear wheel up to an object. All of this aside though, I just really like the looks of the control, and I also like the no option for a seat thing. I hate it when someone comes up to me and says, "thats a small ass seat, doesn't it go up your ass while sitting down?". I'd much rather have them ask me where is the seat, in which case I usually just reply that there is no place for a seat and they just shut up and walk away. I don't use a seat much, and think it gets in my way when trying bigger ups, and sidehops. Ultimately if you set down a lot get the pure, if not go for the control, I'm sure either one will suit you just fine. CONTROL:D

5. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

I think hes got a little ways to go before attempting the trackstand... pure it is!

6. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

It's too bad they don't make the control with a +10bb instead of +20. I would still go for the control though. The nub of a seat tube that would stick above the top tube on the pure would bother me.

7. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Could just cut the tube down which is what I would do. Since I would prefer getting the pure since it has a lower BB. Twitchyness makes me angry.

PURE all the way, and it's cheaper.

8. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

I have a pure and would deffinatly buy it again. Its been out for like..2-3 years now? I would deffinatly say for you to get the pure, here is a pic of Ty's (echopure89) cut-off seatpost if you are worried about what Bill said.
    [​IMG]
    His bike looks really nice and is setup with awesome parts, you could do something like that.. :Sonic:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I've spent time on a few friends pures, they feel great...my main concern is if the control is stiffer?

10. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

When do they come out? If you were rich enough might as well buy both, then sell whichever you dont like for only 30 bucks less..

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:ugh:

12. Shipley

Shipley ..........

I'd just pick up the Control for the price you can get it.. and if you think it's too stiff then sell it like the man says. Then pick up a Pure since you already know how it rides. Someone would buy that Control in a heartbeat i'm sure.

13. B1105

B1105 New Member

I think Tim mentioned that the control may be a bit stiffer, I dont know why, but somehow thats sticking in my head.

Either bike looks good, just make sure to get rid of the ugly stickers

14. B1105

B1105 New Member

BTW- are you buying a full bike or frame?

15. cogmog

cogmog Member

are you fucking kidding me, echo? you fking tool!!! KOXX you shithead!!!!:naughty:

16. cogmog

cogmog Member

it was worth a laugh though!

17. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

My vote goes to the control. dropouts, yoke, looks, geo, etc.

You have felt the old pures, this may be different.

btw, where does it say the control cost less?

18. ben@slctrials.com

[email protected] New Member

yes, the control is designed to be stiffer than the pure. Haven't ridden the bike, but it came from a good source.

19. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

If the pure feels great then get it? I mean you have owned enough bikes to gauge its goodness on...havent you?