Comp april 17/18??

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by ty, Apr 8, 2004.

1. ty

ty Guest

So i was looking at the tentive comp scheduel and noticed that there is supposed to be a comp in boulder the weekend of april 17/18, is this still going on?? what time/day/where?

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

sunday- expect it to be around noon. it will be in boulder canyon. there will be a meeting spot in town some place becasue we will need to carpool up the canyon as much as possible. i will post more when i get back from euro trip action.

this is going to be tricky because i get back on like wed and will need to get some prizes together and stuff. entry fees this season will be 20 bucks i think. there will be sport through pro. pro will be hard i think. who all will show up?

3. Elan

Elan steve french

i will.... for the sport lines to rule my anus

4. Patrick

Patrick New Member

you love getting your anus ruled

just heard 70 is closed because some huge boulders fell all over the road.. Go ride them.

As for the comp, I'll be there.. that is if I don't have to go out of town.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

yea..it happened like 1 mile above georgetown..why it couldent happen 1 mile below i dont know ,but then i could stay home. GAY.

yea, idont know if i can finish a section...but i will try..and hopefully i dont have to set up the sport lines because i always make them impassable.

sounds like a good time, ill bring the bbq

6. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

I'll be there and I'm pretty sure Theo is coming with me....

7. Patrick

Patrick New Member

sweet.. Did Theo get a frame built up?

8. ty

ty Guest

ill be there

9. Elan

Elan steve french

what is theo riding?

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

i make designs in my hand with a razor

11. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

No Theo didn't get a frame built up, I'm donating my four month old es2 to him, but he said he's not going to compete, maybe judge or take pictures, but mainly hang out that day.
    I think I'm gonna get my arse kicked..........oh well.

12. Elan

Elan steve french

what class are you riding in seth?

13. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Expert, if there is one. Doesn't mean I can ride though.....I've got the knees of a fifty year old man, and I plan on backpacking and hiking through five parks in southern Utah and then three Parks in Cali after we leave CO. So I'll will for sure compete, but don't know how commited I will be to going big. Need to save myself for this road trip.
    this excuse will make more sense when you see how sloppy I ride.
    -WORD-

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

seth that sounds like a sick trip- i hope you have fun in cali...should be really peacefull and you can reflect on your life atm.

15. KenC

KenC Member

Yeah, i'm planning on being there - prob sport class.

16. Elan

Elan steve french

i wont be coming... i dont want to give the image that i want to be any good at riding trials or being 'cool'. i really hope somebody takes video though.

17. WhiteRavenKS

if beginners show i will make sections for them. otherwise its sport through pro. pro will be hard. expert will be hard but fun. sport will be good solid tech stuff, no huge moves.

if possible people should meet up and carpool up the canyon as much as they can. i need to check some of the spots when i get up there to see where the comp will be but i have a good general idea right now.

the only prizes i have are stuff out of my wallet because the bike industry is stingy and bitter. entry fees will pay for prizes a little.

looking forward to seeing everyone there. at least there i can understand most of whats being said unlike this crazy euro land.

18. WhiteRavenKS

thanks for the always insightful input.

19. AndyT

AndyT New Member

make the pros go through water. Like, actually have to go through water- no way around it....afterwards make them go up a hill or up a log with wet everything. I remember very very loose dirt hills there- don't just use the rocks, make them go up and down those hills.

that is my comment.

20. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

I'll be there kevin....should be good stuff