Coming to CO... can we ride?

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by marauda, Jul 16, 2004.

1. marauda

marauda New Member

Hello all,
    I am flying into Colorado Springs late on Thurday, July 29th and will most likely be there through that weekend. If I can plan a ride for one or a few of those days, the bike will fly with me. I ride somewhere around expert-level mod and am itching to hit some of the Colorado terrain I see in the videos. Please email me so we can set something up. I rode with Dolphin once in Chapel Hill, NC a long time ago. I am not sure if he is around, but he may remember me. I remember the gash he put in his leg on a slippery green electrical box.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

i think dolphin is back in NC for the summer. in co sprgs though, you will be happy to find one of the only mod riders remaining in the state.

3. marauda

marauda New Member

Does this mod rider check this forum? Do you have a way for me to get in touch with him? Are there other riders in Colorado Springs? I would be willing to travel to nearby cities also... Just looking to ride. Thanks for the help.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

yea, his name on here is redworm. you can PM him on this board. afrobot will probably catch this thread too, and he will get you set up probably.

denver is like 45 minutes north of co sprgs, there are riders there too.

5. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

We ride here in co springs all the time so I dont think getting something organized for that weekend should be a problem. Isn't there a comp in ft collins that weekend?

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

I too will be around that weekend,I'm flying in on the 31st but will be there till the 13th of august. Will have my mod so I'm looking forward to someriding.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

dolphin doesn't read this site at all really any more..he is in denver, rarely rides his Koxx.

8. marauda

marauda New Member

The plane is booked and I am coming for sure. I have to pack my bike this week. Does anyone know if a BMX sized bike box is under the "we're-gonna-have-to-charge-you-for-that" dimensions. Can I get at least one Colorado Springs' Rider's phone number who is in constant contact with other people in the area so I have a person to give me the "when and where" as soon as I get out there?

9. B1105

B1105 New Member

look at the contact sticky under the Colorado forum.

waht airline are you flying? im wondering the same also, but i think in general, the length+width+height needs to be under 62inches. so it may not work, but that depends on your airline

im prob going to ship mine fedex or UPS, but my mod still hasnt even arrived, so i might be without a bike for a bit

10. Pancho

Pancho New Member

werd