Colorado SPrings

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by B1105, Jul 5, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

Hey guys,
    So I will be coming to Colorado in August(1st-13th) for bike school. I've got a few questions about the area:

1) Is there a shuttle of some sort from CO Springs Airport to say Barnetts Bike School or that area?

2) I will be staying in either Travellodge or Red Wing or any other place thats cheaper, which do you guys recomend? I know TravelLodge is right next door to the Barnetts school and Red Wing is a little further. Is this too far to bike on a mod?

3) Is there a grocery store/convenience market in this area? If so, how far is it from those hotels and the Barnett School.

4) Any other hotels within walking distance of the Barnett school which may be cheaper than like $60 a night?

Any general info about this area I should know? Do you guys ride every night or how often? Should I bring my stock (zebdi) or mod (echo team)?

Thanks
    Byron

2. B1105

B1105 New Member

One other thing, I'm only 16, so I can't rent a car, is there some sort of public transportation or something to get around that's easy to use?

Thanks

3. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I dont ever take the bus ask afrobroke, he'll give you all the info you need.

4. B1105

B1105 New Member

5. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

You can take a cab from the airport to barnetts it would be like 20$ tops.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

ill give you a ryde in me TYPE R nugga! AHAHAHA. NOT. maybe you will get to expereince a group ride with hte northerners...? maybe not?

7. BP-Mobile

BP-Mobile New Member

The TravelLodge is one block from Barnett's. The Red Wing is about 1 mile from Barnett's, but there are other motels closer. There is a big supermarket about 3 blocks from Barnett's and you will be right in the middle of town.
    You can e-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you a lift from the airport to wherever you are staying. Mod or stock does not matter. The trials guys of Bike Team Mobile are at a diner downtown Colorado Springs every Saturday 8-noon teaching/practicing urban, you will meet them when you get here.

8. BP-Mobile

BP-Mobile New Member

I forgot to mention that there will be a NATS event in Colorado Springs Aug 14-15. You should bring whichever bike you can compete with.

Blane

9. B1105

B1105 New Member

Oh awesome, I was hoping there would be a comp around then. I will definitley make plans to stay a bit longer. I can't seem to find any motels online in that area, could you recomend any that are within walking distance of Barnetts and possibly cheaper than Travellodge or the Red Wing (60 a night, one person).

Thanks, I will def email you in a few weeks when the time approaches for a ride. I would really appreciate that.

Byron