Colorado School of Mines

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by Art Vandelay, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Guest

Just wondeirng if there are any students on the forum? I'll be a freshman next year. I don't have any specific quesitons about the school, but how is the riding in the area? I was in Golden during the winter and it looked great, but I was far more concerned with skiing at that time. Whatever info/tips/anything about the area/school you guys know would be appreciated.

thanks
    scott

2. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i was worried for a second because i read it as "colorado school of mimes"

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

great fucking post.

4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Guest

I've gotten that hundreds of times from people who ask what college I'm going to. It's either minds or mimes, but they never hear mines.

5. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

you to... :rofl:

I thought mines were against the "rules of war"?

bahahaha, just kidding ;)

I don't know of any school of mines student's on the fourms, but there is good (great?) riding in Golden. We have a member here named Taylor (Ascentrek) who lives in Golden, I bet you could even hitch rides with him to meet us for group rides in Boulder and surrounding areas if you won't have a car. I'm sure Taylor will respond here ;).

Bill

6. Tanner

Tanner New Member

:ugh:

7. OTAdmin

:ugh: Believe me tanner, we're on the same lines politically, notice the quotations ;).

8. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Sorry fella's, I've been a bit latent.

I live and ride in Golden quite a bit. There's another guy named Ty that hangs down here when he's not in school. Elan comes down this way because its relatively close for front range riding. Patrick rides down here after work as well.

As for the Mines, you need to be careful. The campus police don't understand trials riding, and therefore have kicked us off. If you get other reactions, then cool. I usually ride through, but that's about it.

Call me or send a post out on this forum to get together and ride. I'm a beginner rider but learning enough to keep me busy. There's a few cool spots to hang in Golden that I can show you.

Taylor
    303-870-2221 cell
    303-277-9066

Bill, what happened to the 'contacts list?'

9. OTAdmin

It lost its sticky status during the move to vBulletin, but its back now. Thanks for reminding me :).

Bill

10. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Guest

Sounds good. I'm moving to the dorms in late august. Will be nice to finally have some people to ride with because in my town I am the only one.

11. ty

ty Guest

im in golden too, at least in the summer, in the winter time its up to ftc, but if youre here on the weekends ill ride. i know of one cool place and some other stuff....