CO Trials 10: Kevin Cant Ride Trials

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by WhiteRavenKS, Feb 22, 2004.

1. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

Hey, just joshin'

dl this video here: https://www.observedtrials.net/videos/COtrials/cotrials10.wmv

right click it and save as always.

this was shot on last friday night and saturday afternoon with a new camera. it's not the best but at least it's something to look at i guess. mike rode really well that day until fate struck and a bike part failed.... just like they always do.

please post some questions and comments when you see it.

thanks!

2. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

pretty good video but its interlaced...

3. WhiteRavenKS

that is a result of editing in imovie and exporting in premier- long story but basically two computers not working well together. same story with the last half dozen movies i have made but my last camera was so crappy it didnt show up as clearly. you can see it in this one much more easily.

4. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

cool stuff Kevin. Even though its interlaced, you're not getting lens aberation (Blues and reds on edges). Looks like you're gonna have some better quality shots!

5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

what do you mean interlaced?

But kevin does ride trials, and very good as well.
    I really liked Kevins Urban stuff and Mikes stuff on the multi-level brick benches.

Good job

6. ty

ty Guest

good video kevin, that was much cear-er than with your old camera. good riding :bigthumb:

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

mm...fb...jd...what is going on!!>!>?!?

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

upon further inspection, vid is fucking sweet.

CARLOS MOTHER FUCKING HERNANDEZ?!?! wtf is that white crescent thing...

9. WhiteRavenKS

white crescent thing? what are you talking about? adams bike? its an older norco evolve.

yes... carlos. i pulled his ass away from hockey for ten minutes to come film and get some edit input and such. it was coo.

also- thanks for the good comments so far peeps! glad you like the vid. you should see the video straight from the camera... plays in a 63 inch screen with so much clarity... this next movie im making will be way nicer looking fo sheezay.

10. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

I liked the riding a lot, and the editing and music were great. Using one camera only is a challenge but you always do well with it. I was going to make a suggestion on using camera angles but I watched the vid a few more times again and deleted those suggestions. The Founders Fountain stuff and Mikes scenes were cool. You're doing good stuff using the fade and repeat effects in editing. If possible I would try to make more drama out of certain moves.. not because they need boosting from a rider standpoint, but just to exploit the film-makingness of it. Little things, even like the extreme closeup (smashed Keystone can) make the vid seem more dense in its content overall. I guess to me the most important part, aside from the riding, (which I clearly cant duplicate), is to exploit the best scenes as much as possible using filming technique. You are already using good taste in the fade and repeat effect. Maybe add a different camera angle into the mix during some of those fade/repeat sequences?

I hate to see awesome moves just wizz by at the same rate as more commonplace stuff. Spielberg that radical shit more. It deserves it.

11. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr Guest

great video as always! great camera work! can't wait for the next one

12. WhiteRavenKS

thanks for the good comments everyone!

this was shot with a brand new camera and i was still getting used to how the funtions worked (its huuuuugely different from my last one) so this video was really just practice footage and the editing was also nothing too fancy- just clean and simple. this will be the last web movie for a while from me since i am going to start working on the next dvd project very soon which should be done in late april of early may- expect super human riding that will put a little cream in your trials jeans.

thanks again!

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

crap that means i have to pick up the slack for CO :wtc:

been too busy riding over filming lately...

14. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

great vid...watched it twice already. Looks sweet at full screen and I like the simple editing. I also liked the aluminum can shot and the way that it occurs at the same moment that the music gets more chill...The side hop over the bench to the wall was really nice and precise. That De Salvo is looking good, are there any pics of it up??

15. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

We need to get together and start riding together more often again. I'll film :D

16. WhiteRavenKS

17. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

bike looks bad.ass..I guess I missed that thread the first time around

18. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

This sucks the sweat off a dead mans balls.
    My poots is completely fucked, therefore i can dl no more videos, i can only post on matters of less import on my work one when i get the chance.

:down: