CO Spgs National info

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by redworm, May 1, 2004.

1. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

[​IMG]
    THere are several of these all around the city so we should be getting a good croud of spectators. Here are some pictures of the terrain where the comp will be held, and this is before we move all the boulders around with a tractor to set lines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There will also be 3 or 4 indoor sections.
    [​IMG]
    We hope to see everyone there, this should be the best national event this year.

2. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

By the way that is Kevin Shiramizu on those billboards

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

4. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

It's gotta be Kevin on the billboard, the front disc is as big as his head. :p

This is all very cool. Is there a site with more detailed info? Will all classes be available? Any idea what the entry fee might be?

Cool to see a billboard, probably a first in the US?

5. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

Wow, that is going to be one sweet event. Euro riders, big sections and tons of people watching. Thanks to Pancho, Mike and the rest of the CO springs crew for putting this kick ass event together.

6. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

This is far more important to attend than any graduation, wedding, employment . ....etc. Be there or beware.

If for any other reason the Mickeys Malt liquor unofficial bike battle,post comp ride off.21 and up only.

7. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

shit, Mickeys....we all know Schlitz should be sponsoring that one........

8. cck

cck Member

i hope santos shows up so he gets his ass kicked, and isnt such an cocky bastard anymore. maybe a little harsh, but my experience with him is bad.

is this correct,.... cous and hermance are showing up???

9. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

It seems to be so .They must drink everclear to even the playing feild some.They'll still win I bet. :bigthumb:

10. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Ok, so here is a little bit more info, and some official web stuff will be up soon. First off, Mike doesn't know what he's talking about ;) there will be NO outdoor sections, rather all of those boulders you see will be moved indoors. In total there will be 6 or 7 sections, and two warm up areas. We are expecting between 14,000 and 20,000 spectators over two days for the Sports and Arms show, along with around 2,000 spectators for the Bike Trials. Sponsors are rolling in, so we hope to have good stuff for everybody, including t-shirts and packets, and at this point around $2,500 in CASH. Hopefully that number will grow even higher, and furthermore Pro-Cycling, Wild Oats, King Chef Diner, Bike Pro-Mobile and more will be throwing down some sweet prizes.

We're expecting the Coustelliers, Danny Butler, Vincent Hermance, Jeff Lynosky and crew, hopefully Jeremy Vanschoonhoven, Bill Robinson, Mike Snyder, Ryder Okimura, etc etc... basicly the best riders from around the world and the US. Other riders are coming from the East Coast, Canada, California, a large group from Texas.

The event is not only open to all classes, but dedicated to making sure Beginers and Sport riders have as good of a time as the Pros and Experts. This won't be an event where Beginers and Sports feel forgotten, I promise.

Stock will ride on Saturday, Mod will rid on Sunday. DONT FORGET THE COUSTELLIER TRAINING CAMPS, on tuesday, wednsday, thursday.

If you like the billboards (there are 7 of them in the Springs, and one in Pueblo), then you should know that I'm working on T.V. commercials, radio ads, and newspaper print. All of these will be seen the week prior to the event. This is surely one of the most publicized trials events in a long time.

The sections should be one of the many highlights of this event. As I mentioned before, we'll be building indoor natural sections consisting of Rocks, Dirt, and Logs. A scaffolding company next door to the event is helping us out a lot, so expect some unique sections built of scaffolding. We've already collected 8-10 HUGE tires, and should be getting more. I've hooked up with an electric company that will supply us with unlimited spools. Pallets and our demo boxes should complete the sections. These things won't be thrown together at the last minute, either. I've already begun designing a few on paper, and I've dedicated five whole days leading up to the event entirely to building the best sections of the season.

Expect a dedicated website to the event here in the next few days!

Pancho Anderson,
    UBA Event Director

11. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

We love Pancho Anderson.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

lenosky

lynykskys!? :hsugh:

13. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

:rofl: your too funny

14. Elan

Elan steve french

UBA Event Director? sounds imprtynt

15. slctrials.com

slctrials.com New Member

Sounds like fun. I hope me and Ben can make but most likely we won't. I just got a new job...but we will see plus Ben's ankle is still healing from some broken boneage.

It will also be a good time for anyone who is an Anti SLC / FOB Trials Fundalmentalist :greddy2: , to bust a cap in our asses. HA HA HA AH AHAHA

Peace!

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm not anti fob, but i sure wouldn't put my penis anywhere near that fish.

17. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Copied most of that stuff out of an e-mail to somebody who knew jack about me or trials, then added some stuff for on here. Saves me time, so that I can be efficient and imprtynt.

18. Patrick

Patrick New Member

You guys are going to make the sections crazy hard aren't you? Mike was showing me lines yesterday that he considers "sport"... It was scary.

19. Pancho

Pancho New Member

The website will be up soon thanks to Shirimizu and cotrials.com. Check it out this evening or tomorrow.

No, they will be reasonable, don't worry. However, atleast one Elite section will be designed to chalenge the Coustelliers, so that should be fun.

20. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

pancho,

what will they be like in comparison to croatia?