CK Hub lube question

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by stocktrials, Apr 13, 2004.

1. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

on the drive rings and splines i use tri flow? i have a tube its like grease type but in the CK vids they use an oil type- does this matter, is it the same kind of thing?

i managed to get the hub apart n all :)

2. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

DO NOT USE GREASE! CK has their own lube, which is OK to use, otherwise, use TriFlow liquid, not grease.

3. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

Thanks

Just wondering.. is there anything else I can use also??

4. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

You can use a detergent type chain lube...Finish Line XC lube (the green cap) though they don't recommend it.

5. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

yea, I removed the grease CK put in the hub and now I use finish line wet, the one with the green cap. And it's perfect so far.

6. [BMF]Andy

[BMF]Andy New Member

fork oil works good, just use something of a pretty light weight

7. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

I bought some liquid type tri flow.. I also have the green Finish Line, I'll keep that in mind for next time. thanks guys

oh yeah the hub feels solid now.. and quieter too

8. JK

JK New Member

I was using the CK lube, but on the first cold day, the hub skipped twice. I cleaned the ringdrive and put in some tri-flow and it hasn't skipped since. I even used the hub in -15 celcius weather and it didn't skip at all.

9. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

-15°C? I doubt I could even get out of bed at that temperature, thank god it never even comes close to being that cold here!!!

10. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

bad for those who're using water in their maguras :bigthumb:

11. bigd

bigd Guest

use tri flow from the drip bottle. if its being used for trials, just stick with this stuff. its basicaly a teflon oil. good stuff. the peeps at king say it works well, and i say it does too. i use it.

12. lucky13

lucky13 Adapt, evolve, survive.

13. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

thanks again all.. I will stick by my Tri flow.

[quote="Chris"bad for those who're using water in their maguras :bigthumb: [/quote]
    should use tri flow in them too?? haha