Chris KIng Prices

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by jamescrilly, Jun 22, 2004.

1. jamescrilly

jamescrilly Guest

count youselves lucky in the US as i was lookin into buying a king i realised how shit expensive they are in th UK. at todays exchange rate to buy a king in the uk would cost $473.0180

thats £260

2. atypical

atypical Guest

Not wanting to start Hub War III, but can you get a Hadley Trials Hub over there? They're cheaper here, mine has held up beautifully for over 6 mos. Titanium freehub body, bolt on titanium axle, but only come in black and don't growl like a king, more like a hiss. I like king too, I just couldn't get my hands on one that had all the extras on short notice.

3. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Hadley is a good bet with the trials freehub. Over a year and a half of use with hardly any skips. Bolton thru axle is great. Hardley noticeable digging into the ti freehub as well.
    Quality and weight are comparable.. plus.. it's got 108 points of engagement over King's 72.
    If it's a cheaper option for you, it should serve you well.

4. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

ive heard some bad things about the hadley, but ive been hearing mostly good recently...i have a stock king, no issues

5. atypical

atypical Guest

What have you heard? I heard somethings about breakage early on, so I was skeptical at first. It's got the pawls offset so it might break due to weak engagement, but it's at least covered if you tell Mike Hadley that you used it for TRIALS. @ 240 lbs of horse I should kill this hub, but it ain't dead, not even dying and I've been trialsin for 10+yrs. Again not hub war, just sayin.

6. oicdn

oicdn Guest

It's because it has only one pawl engaging at a time is peoples concern trials wise...but if you look at the pawl...it's FUCKIN HUGE.....but it's supposedly comparable quality to the king....

7. B1105

B1105 New Member

Holy shit, I got my King new at a 1/4 of that price

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

........consider yourself lucky. I'm in the US...that's how much a CK BMX hub costs (BMX hub for a mod bike).
    Best bet? Pick it up used, or try and get an American friend to pick one up for ya.

9. felix

felix New Member

In Germany a CK classic rear hub is about 340 Euro, which is about 400 USD.

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

We also pay cheaper for Hope hubs than the UK, and they are from the UK :rofl: