Check this bike out.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Rob.K, May 14, 2004.

1. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I don't know if this has been talked about before or not but I found this on the Hungary trials website
    Some carbon trials bike. What are your thoughts on this baby.

[​IMG]

2. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

been discussed 100 times before.

"ops the bike tipped over and landed on a rock, oh well i gotta get a new one then" hehe . i reckon its more negative points then positive poins.

wud have been cool to have tho, as its different, hehe .

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I wonder how heavy it is....

4. JK

JK New Member

Its 9.6 Kg, which is about 21lbs. The frame is 1690g, 2000g with headset

5. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

I says it's ugly. Oooh. you save 200 grams over a pure... Nice.

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

saw that bike at worlds. it was ... umm... interesting to say the least.

7. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

That headtube is soo long. And then a riser stem on top of that...

..And on top of the fact that the bike is just plain butt-ugly.

8. oicdn

oicdn Guest

So...if you only save 200 grames over an AL bike.....what's the point of having a carbon one again? It looks like it's made of clay by some 1st grader....

9. WhiteRavenKS

hey everyone- here is your class assignment: go make a bike frame out of carbon fiber by hand. that's right- no money for injection-bladder molds, just do it by hand. here is the catch class- make it in the top 1% of the coolest things in the history of man, ever. also- you cant use any sort of finite element analysis on the frame so you wont know where to remove material but go ahead and make it lighter than an alluminum frame anyways. you will not be graded on finishing touches like paint so use whatever you have.

sounds like a fun project huh kids?

10. oicdn

oicdn Guest

:rofl: That's definitly what it seems like.

11. WhiteRavenKS

i was joking. it was sarcasm directed at all the people hating this bike. basically saying i dont think anyone here could do better- but good interpretation anyways :cool:

12. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I know I sure as hell couldn't do any better....but I'de think if you were gonna flaunt it like that...you'de do a better job ya know?

Anybody know how it feels? Flexy, crap geometry, etc....

13. WhiteRavenKS

it feels awesome for a home made bike. it was never meant to be the best thing ever invented. it was meant to be this guy's bike that he made in his garrage. i dont know about this flaunting it business. the guy made the bike and people all over took an assload of pictures about it because all trials riders tech nerds who all want the next best thing or something.

14. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Ahhh...gotcha...I remember this bike popping up awhile ago in other threads, but it had more pics...thought maybe HE was the one that hyped it up...guess not...

But that's cool....functional....kudos

15. that is one fuckin weird ass bike ill tell u what..ive never seen nethin like that b4

16. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Even if it was 2 lbs great geo ,by todays standards,a 3 year warranty,
    blah blah, .Trials bikes should not break the 1000$ mark,and I'd like to try something new every year rather than feel stuck on a bike because I spent 2 grand. I'd spend 1500 on a 6/4 custom Ti frame ,but then they don't exist now do they.

17. WhiteRavenKS

nope, because 6/4 ti is really impracticle. if someone made a rear triangle that worked out of 6/4 ti i would buy one just out of amazement.

just because a frame is expensive doesnt mean it shouldnt brake, it just means your ass is way more devoted to be spending that kind of cash on a bike.

18. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Hmmm I remember someone that made a mt.bike from all wood :rofl:

19. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i like it, fookin nice effort for a guy making it at home. about it breaking when you drop it on a rock - remind me why the most hard ass urban trials guy i know uses a carbon fibre downtube protector? because it doesn't seem to break. i doubt those tubes would be that weak.

20. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

:rofl: kerslap :slap: [/quote]