Observed Trials banner

1 - 3 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
They'll be fine. Don't blame your equipment. It's not the crate, it's the guy sitting in it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Bucklos fork is fine for XC. It's on par with Suntour. When it's time to service it, just get a new one. Easy. Just put a Bucklos on my son's bike because it's an air fork and way more adjustable than the ancient Manitou it replaces.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's all I've used for a long time and there hasn't been any product released that would make me want to change. Any of the Hollowtech II cranks are great, except for the ones that use non standard chainring sizes (Mxx2, M960, M9000, and to a lesser extent M8000). The BBs are also really cheap and in stock everywhere, which is nice.
I 100% agree about Shimano cranks, except I specifically seek out the 96bcd versions! For a street trials 22t cog, the 96bcd tabs allow you to run a bashring that is as close to the 22t as possible. The 104bcd tabs stick out (up?) to far and are prone to breaking on a big bash. For MTB use, 104bcd doesn't really matter anymore because you rarely go over 36t, but the 96bcd allows you to go down to 30t if you want.

1 - 3 of 20 Posts