Observed Trials banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
tda
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How u think these gonna roll for my xc race bicycle?

Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tire

$198 for a full carbon wheelset, hubs skewers rims n spokes fully built up... What could go wrong..

·
tda
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They'll be fine. Don't blame your equipment. It's not the crate, it's the guy sitting in it.
Think the first ride should be the 38 mile race thru pisgah? over 5k feet climbing, everyone saying the most brutal ride they ever do...

I ordered a continental cross king 2.2 to replace the current 2.35 der baron, hope to lose some rotational mass there... last ride i ran around 10 psi in the back, really dumb move. But i never slipped out and most hike and bike sections of the trail..

I think rear rim is 42mm? massive echo rear trials rim on hope2 hub. Fixed a 6 cluster of 9 speed to the single speed shell... the xt shifters I raced on in 1998 still strong af and quick

·
tda
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been using multiple parts from Chinese shops, usually I replace the grease and add-up on every bearings. check for any loose or small descripancies. And it rolls fine on m y Dirt Jump, echo 26 and street trials bike.

what u got player?!

Realizing those rims are anodized so who cares, and of course all real carbon rims are $2-400 so never mind there...

However I have seen Buckleooz makes a 26” fork ! Review on ebey and $130 seems like i may jump fer it... Puttting a 2.2 cross continental tire on to replace big monster hans dampf in the rear, easily 1 pound gone there..

Current fork is ??? i think maybe the lowest manitou released in the late 90s... I just keep it as stiff as I can, like any good man.

·
tda
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bucklos fork is fine for XC. It's on par with Suntour. When it's time to service it, just get a new one. Easy. Just put a Bucklos on my son's bike because it's an air fork and way more adjustable than the ancient Manitou it replaces.

I’m like.... cars are fucking plastic now, everything is plastic, for $120 an entire effing fork ?! My kinda future . Youtube reviews i saw were all pretty positive for a $120 fork. Used to spend more on a lunch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts