Cheap angle grinders.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by hydroboy, Feb 18, 2004.

1. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Is there anything wrong with a realy cheap $15 angle grinder? I have a grinding drill bit that doesnt quite cut it.

2. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

try a black and decker. They have a cheapie one that does the trick just fine.

3. Patrick

Patrick New Member

How much to the black and decker ones cost? how do they compare to a dremmel?

I've been using a big ass makita 3 inch disc, but I'd like to use something a little more practical to use.

4. ty

ty Guest

i use the cheapest black and decker that wal-mart had, i think it cost $15-$20 it works fine for grinding rims, and looks like this
    [​IMG]

ive had it for about a year now and it has held up fine. I think it would be much better than a dremel, in terms of being able to get a good grind. It has a standard 4.5" grinding disk and works fine, just pick up a couple extra discs

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Mine cost around $80 , some chinese thing thats supposed to be one of the top two brands.

There is nothing wrong with those cheapos, except that they are shit.

(ps I stole mine)

6. ty

ty Guest

i would not reccomend the cheap grinders for heavy duty grinding but you should be fine when grinding a rim.

7. Patrick

Patrick New Member

The only thing I don't like about those grinders Ty, is there noise...I hate living in an apartment.. Indoor grinding is rough!

8. Elan

Elan steve french

ah, i think my grinder was like $200 from Snap-On... luckily i didnt pay a dime for it. although my technique is lacking.

9. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

.....and you still have my grinder handle you dirty son of a bitch :rant2: .......

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I don't know anything about that, talk to the short person.

You still have my ISIS shit you cunt, I have all these new parts and no way to get my cranks off.

ps where the fucks my bike

11. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

your bike sunk to the bottom of the Pacific......new parts? WTF? Are you riding this afternoon?

12. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

where the fucks are rims at bitch? :D

no seriously, i need that rim :rofl:

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I rode 4 hours ago, when I called you. In fact you have a 1 in 20 answer to call ratio so far.

14. Hardline

Hardline Member

And the funny part of that is "Snap On"angle grinders are just a rebadge big company grinder like a Black N Decker. $200 for the name badge. Which sucks

15. ty

ty Guest

uh....i lived in an apartement last year and just went out side to do it, as long as its light out side no one cared to much, maybe thats cause i live in a college town and a grinder is the least of the worry for people around here