Observed Trials banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
How much to the black and decker ones cost? how do they compare to a dremmel?

I've been using a big ass makita 3 inch disc, but I'd like to use something a little more practical to use.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i use the cheapest black and decker that wal-mart had, i think it cost $15-$20 it works fine for grinding rims, and looks like this

ive had it for about a year now and it has held up fine. I think it would be much better than a dremel, in terms of being able to get a good grind. It has a standard 4.5" grinding disk and works fine, just pick up a couple extra discs

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
Mine cost around $80 , some chinese thing thats supposed to be one of the top two brands.

There is nothing wrong with those cheapos, except that they are shit.

(ps I stole mine)

·
Registered
354 Posts
i would not reccomend the cheap grinders for heavy duty grinding but you should be fine when grinding a rim.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
The only thing I don't like about those grinders Ty, is there noise...I hate living in an apartment.. Indoor grinding is rough!

·
Registered
632 Posts
AndrewT said:
Mine cost around $80 , some chinese thing thats supposed to be one of the top two brands.

There is nothing wrong with those cheapos, except that they are shit.

(ps I stole mine)

.....and you still have my grinder handle you dirty son of a bitch :rant2: .......

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
I don't know anything about that, talk to the short person.

You still have my ISIS shit you cunt, I have all these new parts and no way to get my cranks off.

ps where the fucks my bike

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
Tryall America said:
your bike sunk to the bottom of the Pacific......new parts? WTF? Are you riding this afternoon?

I rode 4 hours ago, when I called you. In fact you have a 1 in 20 answer to call ratio so far.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Elan said:
ah, i think my grinder was like $200 from Snap-On... luckily i didnt pay a dime for it. although my technique is lacking.
And the funny part of that is "Snap On"angle grinders are just a rebadge big company grinder like a Black N Decker. $200 for the name badge. Which sucks

·
Registered
354 Posts
uh....i lived in an apartement last year and just went out side to do it, as long as its light out side no one cared to much, maybe thats cause i live in a college town and a grinder is the least of the worry for people around here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts