change of plans for this weekend

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by AndyT, Mar 26, 2004.

1. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm going to denver tonight, no riding. Saturday POSSIBLE riding somewhere, most likely I just want somewhere to stay that night- elan i can come up to george town and look at what you guys have that day...stay over? Then ride sunday.

970-310-6741, please call me whenever you see this on account of I may not beable to talk in 8 hours

2. Patrick

Patrick New Member

What's happening in 8 hours? Turning 21 again?

I definitely can't do anything tomorrow as I'm moving all day, but I'll be ready for Sunday. I might have to just call you tomorrow since I may not have net access.

Mike/Pancho/Josh, etc.. You guys should come up too.
    303-359-4543

3. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Pat,
    Are you going to be in the East parking lot (1st one) or the second. Cell phone coverage is spotty, depending on service up there.

4. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Probably the first lot. Do you know of a website that has directions for other people? like a jefco open space website or something?

5. ascentrek

Directions to Alderfer/3 Sisters:

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/ext/dpt/comm_res/openspac/allparks.htm

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/ext/dpt/comm_res/openspac/aldmp.htm

From I-70:
    Go west on I-70 from Denver
    Get off on Hwy 74/ Evergreen Exit
    Stay on Highway 74/Evergreen parkway for a while.
    You will pass a lake on your right, and then wind down into the downtown section of Evergreen
    Make your first right at the light down town (HWY 73)
    You'll stay on HWY 73 for .5 mile or so.
    Make a right at the first light (There's a sign that says Alderfer / 3 sisters.
    You'll go for about 1-2 miles. The parking lot is on your right. You'll go past a high school (on your left). Once the houses start to dissappear on your right, look for the lot.

From C-470 and Morrison Rd. Exit.
    Go west on Hwy 74.
    You'll pass through Idledale and Kittridge before getting to Evergreen.
    Once in Downtown Evergreen, make a Left on to Hwy 73.
    You'll stay on HWY 73 for .5 mile or so.
    Make a right at the first light (There's a sign that says Alderfer / 3 sisters.
    You'll go for about 1-2 miles. The parking lot is on your right. You'll go past a high school (on your left). Once the houses start to dissappear on your right, look for the lot.

Its a popular place. Parking will be limited, but not impossible.

The West lot is bigger. If you happen (0r want to) head over there, you'll see a big outcropping of rocks/boulders in one big pile (Just to the north of the west lot across the meadow. My guess is that would be a great spot to ride. Also, behind those rocks (there's a trail) would be good as well. I may show up. FYI, It's usually 5 to 10 degrees cooler up there than Denver.

6. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

We meeting there at 1:00 today?

I'm pretty sure I'll be there, but I'm pretty tired... may be more picture taking than riding, but we'll see :).

Bill

7. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Hey I just talked to patrick and he says 1:00 is still on, I guess he doesn't have access to the internet today.

8. ascentrek

FYI, its still snowing up there like a mofo.

9. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Well to everyone that hasn't already left, the ride location was changed to confluence. Good thing I called someone, cause I would have wanted to kill every one of you if I had driven to Evergreen only to find out the ride changed to gayfluence and no one called me.

Fuckers

10. ascentrek

Sorry man, I wan't planning on going to Evergreen anyway. I ended up freezing my freggin tail off attempting to ride a 'regular' mtn bike. Turned around at the top, screamed downhill and got drunk.

11. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I was trying to find a fucking computer so that I could get your contact info, but since I moved this weekend I had shit everywhere..

Anyway, I guess Andrew finally spoke to you because I asked him about you during the ride and he said you didn't make the big drive.