cencor this board...well not necessarily, but something.

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by sebLG, Sep 25, 2004.

1. sebLG

sebLG New Member

... read all or dont read ...

im not saying you should do a stephahn, but jesus christ. people say the most annoying things that arent useful at all. people constantly talk shit on this board, and all it does is make people pissed off and make trials look bad. people like kevin shiramizu are always bitching about how the intrawebs are giving trials a bad name, because people talk so much damn shit on them. well otn.net is no acception. i used to love this site and think that its better than anything out there but in fact i now think its the worst for trials. sure places like tf.co.uk and bt.com are cencored horendously and nobody likes them, but look at the level of discussion here. all you really get is shit from wise-ass annoying people who dont exactly get the point.

i think from here on i am just going to stop posting all together, let alone non-trials related crap. it will probably make your site less popular if you cencor this board, so you dont necessarily need to do that, but do something.

im not sure if that made sense, im kindof in the middle of being angry.

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

And how exactly do you propose I do this? If you want something done, you're going to have to be more specific about it - I can't read your mind. Besides, you got flamed a bit in the Off-Topic forum... thats definitely going to happen there. I'm not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere, but we delete a lot of worthless stuff in the other forums.

3. sebLG

sebLG New Member

pfft i dont know ... isnt that what the kiddie korner is for? send people who piss other people off through worthless annoying posts that arent at all relevant or that in no way seem to be getting the actual discussion anywhere to the kiddie korner for like a day or a few or a week. yeah i got flamed in the off -topic forum for a bit, but i know i deserved it because i did precicely what im complaining about right now. but yeah, i guess you can warn people just through a simple pm or something, and if that dosnt work put them in the kiddie korner for 2 days.

and with people getting flamed in the off topic forum ... is it really there for people to be able to talk total shit? shure some is ok ... if its funny or something that somebody might gain at least a little bit from, but otherwise dosnt it just mean not bike-trials related?

... im sorry i sound like such a whining bitch, and a really appreciate the freedom of speech and the way people can feel comfortable posting in this forum, but i just think it is getting mildly out of hand, because im just getting annoyed.

and with the being slightly more strict with the kiddie korner, im not saying you should be a total tight arse and send people there just like that, it should be for posts that just seem to be completely annoying and irrellevant. or something like that. im sure you will know what to do.

PS: sorry for being totally selfish and making your job a whole lot harder.

4. OTAdmin

I'll work on a warning system this weekend so that all moderators can keep track of each other's warnings. Possibly an automatic 2 day move to the kiddie korner or something after a warning level is reached. Right now its hard to keep track of everything, we'll see how this turns out.

5. sebLG

sebLG New Member

thanks matt for all your trouble. i feel like the biggest asswipe but whatever not like anybody really initially thought any more of me. bwahah. bye. :Wavey:

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

don't be so fucking emo, and learn how to spell.

7. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Sorry Seb, but :werd: .

I'm pretty sure that you are a contributor to the worthless post count on this board, not a big one, but certainly a part of it. I know I am, so dont get me wrong here, but maybe you should calm a little before you raise stuff?

I'm not giving you shit here mate, just a thought. :)

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

9. OTAdmin

I don't think he's kidding, and I think a warning system would be beneficial. A lot of guys aren't annoying enough to be moved to the KK because they have a lot of beneficial posts amongst the annoying ones and never one post strong enough to deserve a banning or anything. This would make it easier to keep track of everything.

10. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

I was in the KK for about 1 month or so and look what it did to me. I dont think 2 days is quite long enough.

11. OTAdmin

I'll have to experiment. The warning system is coming along quite nicely :)

12. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i think it's all good, as long as bullshit is kept to the off topic/kk forums. most posts in the 'normal' forums should be appropriate to the thread.

and that's what i see from this site, goodo. this was a worthless post :rofl:

13. OTAdmin

warning system will now undergo some testing before release.