Capturing Video on PC

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by ascentrek, Mar 18, 2004.

1. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

What do you use to capture video to a PC? I have a few programs, but one reduces quality, the other won't take long captures, ugh. Here's what I have:

PC running XP.
    Sony DCR PC109 camera.

I've got the sony capture software (Ultra gay), Adobe Premier (best i have yet), window's movie maker (works, but is still gay)...

What Software works best? Any Idea's?

2. average mike

average mike Guest

The best software ive used yet to capture is Pinnacle Studio Quickstart 8. Its just software that came with my firewire port thing, but its pretty nice for capturing. You can capture at full quality and there is a screen and standard controls (ie fast forward, rewind, pause, ect) on the computer that shows you where you are at in the tape so you dont have to keep looking from your comp to your video camera. So far i like it better than premeire and movie makers capturing ability.

3. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Does Firewire work faster with Tape? I've got a USB connection and I do 1 to 1 transfers okay. I have digital video on tape, but i feel like its a one to one transfer (ie, I have to play it and capture it real time).

how much does Pinnacle studio run? What output formats?

4. average mike

average mike Guest

Use firewire. It can transfer higher quality video faster. As for price, im not sure, i'd just do a google search for that. I usually dont edit with Studio 8, i just capture with it, then edit and output with premeire.

5. painik101

painik101 Guest

I have a Sony700x DV cam and i have used the adobe premier and then also the power director that allows you to compress to Mpg1 and 2 and even streaming. the file size is still small but there is also a compression tol called quick change. It compresse the hell outta vid and not lose the quality either
    check em out
    the power dir has a trial on gocyberlink.com

6. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

i use firewire, i got a firewire card, and cable for $5 off ebay. and it works great, and i use adobe premire pro, if you know how to use it, it works awesome, but windows movie maker 2.0 is actually a lot better than you think it is. :greddy: