Caochella pics and reviews

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Fast Fashion, May 4, 2004.

1. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

I didn't have my camera for the first day, and the croud was too tight for the Cure so no pics of them :(

Air
    [​IMG]

Belle and Sebastian
    [​IMG]

Belle and Sebastian
    [​IMG]

MUSE
    [​IMG]

Thursday
    [​IMG]

Thursday
    [​IMG]

That's only a very small Portion of what i saw. Coachella was completely awesome.

So i saw:

Kinky: Great show. Latino girls shaking their asses everywhere all around me. GREAT TIME!

Q and not U: Amazing as ussual. they played in a small tent though so it was really hard to see:(

Death Cab For Cutie: their drummer was good. i don't really like them though so it would be biased for me to say they sucked... but they did. even my friend who likes them was dissaponted.

Sparta: Meh, they were OK. There is just everything missing without Cedric and Omar providing the creativity. Good preformers non the less though. The crowd was into it.

The Pixies: Holy mother of christ on a ****ing cracker!!!! I can die any time now a happy man. They were just amazing. They seemed very very happy to be there and played so well i can't even explain it. I am just floored from this still.

Radiohead: Um yeah, it's radiohead, and it kicked ass as ussuall. They played creep as a tribute to the pixies as one of the last songs. It was the best version of the song i have ever heard.

Kraftwerk: Couldn't see much but they are Kraftwerk... it was awesome. i was so tired i just layed on the grass. great end to the first day

!!! : Holy CRAP!!! i wasn't expecting this. Totally amazing. They were heavily drugged up but in a good way. I will see them again when they come to denver... but i'll be drunk and dancing my ass off.

Muse: not expecting too much coming in(i like them A LOT, but they didn't seem like they would be amazing live). They were really good though. Not spectacular, but not a let down.

Thursday: The singer puked on stage halfway through and kept going. He was very sick and was not supposed to be there. It was because of this that it was so good. They completely rocked. I am not even a big Thursday fan but they kicked ass.

Cursive: very terrible actually. i like cursive a lot, but they sucked at coachella. oh well.

Belle and Sebastian: Very impressed. Fun band to watch.

AIR: totally amazing. French people are awesome. This was one of my favorite acts i saw. Right up there with radiohead.(PIXIES are exempt due to god status)

Flaming Lips: they should be called: Flamers. I hate this band and all their fans. I felt like i was at a circus. No amount of stupid props can make up for crappy music. Thanks for making the cure late you no talent ass clowns.

The Cure: Really mellow, good end to the second day. If you weren't a Cure fan it wouldn't be too amazing... good thing i am

2. Fast Fashion

So um, yeah... we left friday morning at 4 am, and about 45 minutes into the mountain pass we hit a patch of ice around a turn. We were only going about 45mph, but we ended up on our side. Had to get a friend to pic us up so we could get my car... 14 hours in a miata!!!! YAY!!!

Here is shannon standing by her borked car.

[​IMG]

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

:eek3: at least it sounds like everything worked out and no one was hurt :)

Thanks for the pics of the concert and reviews.

4. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

you are the luckiest mother fucker alive. I wish I could have made that.

edit: thursday singer can swallow a grapefruit whole.

5. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Sounds like Caochella rocked, I cant get away from people talking about it, on the radio, in class, and now online. Nice pics as always from your cam. :sonic:

Aaron? Why are you so interested in another man's ability to swallow. Youre going to quickly lose a ride to CO with that kind of crap. :p

6. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Did Frank Black stand as far as possible awaw from Kim or was she missing?

Further proof why the pixies are amazing; Kurt Kobains statement on smells like teen spirit...."we just wanted to write a song that sounded like the pixies..The song sucked ,but the superiority of their influence is implied.

7. Fast Fashion

kim was there... no pics of the Pixies though, as they played the first day and i accidentally left my camera in the car. doh! :ugh: