Can I come live with you ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Debate' started by steve_v, Nov 3, 2004.

1. steve_v

steve_v New Member

Well, things are not looking too good here. Can anyone put us up in Canada temporarily? My wife is from Vancouver originally, heard it's really nice there. I'm clean, I cook well, and brew my own beer. My wife is pretty hot and likes to wear clothing many sizes too small. I did hear that they won't let Americans work up there. Australia looks nice too, we're flexible.

2. mhoulmont

mhoulmont Member

You can come live in my dorm with me and my 2 roomates. LOL

3. dingus

dingus Member

Ill split the U-haul and gas.

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Come to Australia! We rock, apart from the fact that we have Bush's mate Johnny as PM over here.

5. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

There is already an extradition treaty between the US and Canada in preparation
    for the draft. Citizenship takes one year and you will likely recive orders before that.

Currently the draft is reported to be including both women and persons up to 34 years of age.You will also be required to update your education and skill status
    frequently.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/197438_pot30.html

But seriosly folks ,this could be the opportunity of a lifetime.You know fight for the freedom of your baby-sister country Iraq. We can teach them to love instead of
    running planes into buildings.Right. Oh thats right they had nothing to do with that.
    http://www.enjoythedraft.com/

last but not forgotten.
    http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1024-03.htm

Enjoi,
    Voiceless dissent

6. Blackstick

And also, where the fuck is Joel? Bush gets elected and not a peep? Did he get banned?

7. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Anyone with french "connections" has beed banned. Not by Bill ,but by unseen forces with a distinct hate of their fromage' and their stupid berets.

And their propensity to use logic in critical situations.

8. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Joel isn't french, and no one has been banned in quite some time now, certainly not joel.

9. Blackstick

I certainly wouldnt think you would ban him, I just think its unusual. Ill check with the ACT boys.

10. OTAdmin

11. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

its just my own personal opinion (and the first of that ive sharred in this politics business i guess) that if you run away from the us to either dodge a draft or because you arent happy with whos in power then you are never welcome back by me. im not pointing any fingers herer but i have heard some kids around my campus talking about how they want to move away and come back in 4 years. to me that is pure bullshit. these kids think that the democratic process only works when it falls in their favor. whatever, ive already said too much here.

12. Elan

Elan steve french

:werd: to kevin. damn benedict arnold fuckers.

"ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

thats all i am saying in politcal threads forever

13. OTAdmin

14. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

man, im not gonna say anything

15. morley

morley New Member

[​IMG]

I thought that was funny...

But in all reality canada might as well get ready to bend over and take it up the ass for 4 more years. w00t.

16. steve_v

steve_v New Member

Being 35, I don't have to worry about a draft. To respond to Kevin (I don't know how to quote), if we were to move, I doubt we'd move back. This is not simply an anti-Bush thing. The results of this election were quite eye-opening to me and it seems that my values and beliefs are not in line with the majority of the country. We've always wanted to move to B.C anyway for the mountain biking.

17. Blackstick

Morley, thats a cracker.

18. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

I understand he is travelling around europe, so no intenet easily available. In italy last i heard. He should be back in australia this time next month i think.

19. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I'm in Nice, it's raining, and "Pirates of the Carribean" is being projected onto the ceiling above my head.

I was staying in Sorrento, Italy when the election results started coming through. One of the Yanks I hooked up with I overheard on the phone to his parents, crying, asking for them to wire more of his money so that he could stay in Europe for another 4 years. He was serious, he then rented an apartment in Prague on a 12 month lease. Everyone is a bit shocked over here. The Europeans are seriously worried about what the US and co can do in their region now, especially now that Israel has had a windfall with the effective death of Arafat.

Not banned, I tried. I decided not to post anything else political pre-election a while ago, on the grounds that it irritates people and makes them vote against our left-wing advice in spite. Now that it's over I'm happy to hear how people are hoping to make the most of the situation, now that it's decided. I sincerely hope Bush and his opponents can do their best to try for a clean slate, to fix the problems that exist NOW, irrespective of whose fault they were in the first place. Don't forget, but being hung up on the past doesn't help the future.

edit: I have more money than expected, so will go to the university town of Montpellier for the weekend. Wish me drinking luck.

Morley, I love that map, I will project it onto the ceiling after the movie is finished :)

- Joel

20. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I watched the predator today on FX.

"GET TO ZE CHOPPA!!!!!!!! FLGALAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"