wish i could pedal hop
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Water Water resources Plant People in nature Natural landscape

Wood Bedrock Trunk Road surface Formation

went camping again
Found sixty foot waterfall off sxs trail
9.6 miles
Short ride but steep, about 700 feet descent over 2 miles, flat section along creek, the turn around and go back up
The Aussies loved it

·
From your head to your fists
4,313 Posts
Nah. Considered getting one but the only valid dog is a border collie or similar, and I don't have the space at the moment for such an active breed. I am definitely a dog racist.

This wee girl keeps me company at work though so it's alright
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Herding dog Companion dog

We're pretty restricted on where we can take dogs walking/camping in New Zealand, can't go to too many cool places. Our native wildlife didn't evolve with any similar predators and are an easy meal so the laws reflect it. Pretty stink but I get it.

·
wish i could pedal hop
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That makes sense I suppose.

Still sucks to not have and adventure buddy.

I get to take them to work with me every day to run around the farm. Couldn’t stand putting these two in the back yard or in the house all day. It feels weird when they are NOT with me.

·
From your head to your fists
4,313 Posts
Yeah, I would be able to bring a dog to work but we've just built a new warehouse where the big grassy dog run used to be, now it's all warehouse and carpark. The current work dogs know how to behave around the trucks/vans/forklifts but I'd really worry about bringing a new dog into that environment.

Thankfully I work for a bike/snowsports company with a good relaxed small-business ethos so shit's low-key enough for the current dogs even if we've got two large warehouses.

It would be rad to have an adventure buddy though. I've got a big van that i do spend a fair amount of time in, would be rad to bring a dog.

·
wish i could pedal hop
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine are around large agricultural equipment all day, comfortably, and know how to stay out of the way. However terrified by a broom or plastic bags. Crazy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts