bye bye avids?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Elan, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Cool............they better come in gold like the car ones.........:x:

2. greyghost

greyghost Active Member

and red calipers

3. Elan

Elan steve french

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"It resembles a puzzle. There is still no details recognizable, yet the overall view is already visually seized in thoughts. Like that it is completely alike also with announced novelties of the industry, in which industry. Only few information penetrates to the hearing of the possibly later consumers. Surely also intention of the industry. Rumors create place for ideas and desires, the product come into the discussion. Better and more cheaply an advertisement cannot be actually. Only few humans have the luck to make itself first a clear picture of the material still as prototypes in the test present.

Thus brake manufacturer Brembo made of Italy, world-wide attentive with brake systems for car and motorcycle, makes the number 1 on itself for the moment. Since 1961 and produces Brembo develops brake assemblies and accessories, and success is considerable. Apart from the employment of Brembo brake systems in series production, Brembo brake systems are also in international series as for example of the NASCAR and formula 1. The announcement of the development of a brake for the Mountainbike lets the Biker aufhorchen. Accordingly highly expectations at such are natural a brake. The mtb extreme had the large luck to look at itself together with the team of the bicycle business and framework place watzup in Duisburg and upper living, more exactly the prototype of this brake.

The Brembo is noticeable by its very voluminoeses occurrence. The brake caliper, do not only separaten also the plastic-encased Stahlflexbremsleitung with the injected connections and the parking brake cylinders, are noticeable by very a building method generously held.
    The brake cannot deny the relationship to the brakes of a motorcycle. The brake hose should not be after our information yet the final, which we would regret however.

The parking brake cylinders are with prototypes, as different in the pictures recognizably, still. Both remarks of the parking brake cylinders have an enormous expansion tank. The adjusting bolt for adjusting the brake lever is simple and without tool attainable and adjustable. As said, the relationship leaves itself to the motorcycle did not abstreiten. As far the series moves away still from that prototypes, remains being waiting.

Finally however the brake calipers are to be. With the two-piston brakes is noticeable above all the attachment of the brake wedges, those after the model with the motorcycle, how it should be different, by cotter pin is held. Thus annoying developing of the brake caliper is void for changing the vouchers. The punched 200mm brake disks is, even if we must repeat ourselves here, as swimming with the motorcycle stored. The processing of the individual components are very good and rather oversized as too weak laid out. The target group seems to be clearly defined by it: fast, heavy Bikes within the range Hardcorefreeride and Downhill.

With a weight for the complete install-ready brake assembly, inclusive brake hoses and brake fluid, of approximately 1500 gram the Brembo is not a leichtgewicht. It is to be assumed however the standard model of the weight will move tendentious downward. The brake behavior of the Brembo is very good-naturedly and well to be dosed. The range of the slipping of the brake up to intended blocking is clearly defined. The fear, which would be brake by its immensely working exterior also brutally in the handling, has itself not confirmed. The relatively high hand forces, which are needed, were negatively remarkable, if one moves with the brake at the limit. Straight one with long departures particularly falls this in the weight. In addition, we assume that here, which creates a revision of the parking brake cylinder remedy. The Brembo always obtained a good feeling of security during the test and exempted ears and nerves from annoying Quit and knarren, how one knows it from other considerable brakes.

According to our information the series is to be limited, one whispers by 300 pieces per year, and the cost per single brake is to move around the 500 euro. Since the Brembo has the international standard, an assembly without Haareraufen is possible. Finally however the series remains waiting for and an official technical documentation. One is not however... the Brembo a shop guardian will now already surely become"

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Should be pretty sick...prolly gonna be pricey as fook knowing brembo though....

5. Elan

Elan steve french

$650.00 per brake? awezum

6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

HAHAHAHAHA! reading that is hilarious!

7. Elan

Elan steve french

if they cant think of the word they want to say in english, they throw in a german word. fucking WOP degos

8. digby

digby New Member

for that much I want floating discs and slotted rotors and 6 pistons at least!!!

9. Elan

Elan steve french

that is clearly a floating disc. 2 pistons give much better modulation than six pistons, not to mention weight. slotted rotors? why is this better than punched/drilled?

10. Elan

Elan steve french

although a vented disc would be nice

11. digby

digby New Member

car tech. 6 variably sized pistons, each set contacts the disc gradually, the 1st set being the smallest/weakest the last being the largest strongest, that way you get amazing modulation/control. For car discs, drilling causes stress risers, slots accomplish the same thing and lets the gas escape without having to worry about warping your disc.

12. Elan

Elan steve french

ah, variably sized pistons. that would be interesting to see on a bike... however, the weight on a trials bike wouldnt be worth it methinks.

as for slotting... i dont tend create tons of heat when riding my trials bike... for DH it would probably be the best thing ever though.

13. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

14. digby

digby New Member

actually floating discs would be shitty on a trials bike. Slotting, drilling is also unneccesary for trials bikes. We should have solid wavy rotors, that would be the shit. Elan you should know all about this stuff, youve got a type R :rolleyes:

15. Elan

Elan steve french

dont understand how floating rotors would hurt... solid is the best yes. tis why i ahve awezum wavy avid discs for my bikes

16. digby

digby New Member

I vaguely remember that the reason you have floating rotors for car is because the rotors actually expand due to heat in racing applications. Obviously you would never get the rotor even close to that hot in trials.

but I could be totally wrong. I know more suspension/engine/turbo/handling stuff than brake stuff.

17. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

you know what else they should consider using... AN INTERNATIONAL STANDARD for the mounting. fuck adaptors. we have two standards- is and post mount. it understand it would take some asshole at brembo like 5 seconds to look that up and use it which is too time consuming.

18. Elan

Elan steve french

yes. its to help decrease expansion due to heat... but still wont hurt performance.

they are BREMBO, THE INTERNATIONAL STANDARD!!!! i think they figure they can use whatever they want... anybody who is willing to shell out 650 per side isnt going to care about standards and stuff like that.

19. Elan

Elan steve french

help me set up my audi a4