Bulge vs. Riser

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Boo_Berry, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

This wierd techie at my local shop called me and a bunch of guys i ride with stoopid (among other things) and for not being a true trials riders cuz we dont use bulge bar and use risers... what's his deal? Is there a huge difference between risers or bulge? Strength? Better manouverability?

2. digby

digby New Member

High end montys and megamos use to come exclusively with large 31.8 bulge bars. Your techie is most likely thinking of that, and also thinking that your "trials bike" is a hodge podge of mountain bike parts instead of a dedicated trials bike.

I think Megamo bars are pretty stiff(in comparison to tryalls), and it does do a good bit for your confidence to look down and see such a large bar, but Ive been running risers for a year and have no problems and like the extra width.

3. bylsma

bylsma New Member

That guy is fucking retarded. TryAlls seem to be the most popular bars and they have a standard clamp diameter and are practically flat bars.

4. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

lots of people don't like the straight upward sweep of trials bars, and like the more relaxed sweep of MTB risers. I'm not one of them, but unless your shop guy was joking, he needs a bulge bar in the arse/ss.

- Joel

5. digby

digby New Member

I like the tryalls mainly cuz they have no backsweep. If the roox torque bars, or some wide easton carbons had 0 backsweep I'd probably be running those instead.

6. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

well we were looking at getting one of those chain stretch checker things, and he started calling us names, and saying our risers were gay and that bulge bars = true trials riders and started sayingthat vinco and coustellier and so on all use bulge... it was kinda wierd, its just a question, although one of my friends gave in and got an echo bulge bar cuz he's a bitch...

7. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

tell him to fuck off and find a new shop.... i love my tryalls, and i currently am using regular risers, i dont ever see myself owning buldge bars, they kill my wrists

8. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

was this the guy that was saying buldge bars = true trial bike?

9. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

vinco and coustellier "and so on" all use try-all bars. Standard diameter, risers. What a dickhead.

- Joel

10. Elan

Elan steve french

he must be from 1999

11. bmorekirby

bmorekirby I have bloody shins, yay?

run him over with a large truck for being stupid.

12. Elan

Elan steve french

13. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

i can't, he's bigger than me -- and probably weighs more than 3 of us combined
    he rides a monty stock i discovered... with a lot of chris king stuff on it, havint seen him ride yet tho, i hope he's not good :ugh:

14. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

doesn't matter if he's good, it doesn't make him any less wrong/stupid/faggot like.

i'd laugh if he was a poster on these forums.

15. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

is it tru bluge bars are rougher on your wrists?

16. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

stiffer bars are harder on your wrists.

bulge bars are generally stiffer.

so i guess so

17. buldge bars just don't feel as good because they just go straight up at a constant angle and make my hands feel like there in a stupid position

18. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

Tell him he's an idiot for riding a 20 bike cause 20''s are cheating. Then, insult his mother. It's all about as smart as what he said. It's a matter of personal preference, just like his sexuality. Zing...ohhhh, how I need sleep.

19. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

he rides a 26... read my good sir.

20. Ryden

Ryden Guest

No, heres what you do. Take these two pictures to your local shop and shove them in his stupid monkey face.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]