Buick Grand Nationals, gay civics and Z28s

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Fast Fashion, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

yeah, i think it's a great frame, just not so pretty to me. i wouldn't care if i had one though. Buick grand nationals are ugly, but i'd drive the shit out of one.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

buick grand national = 12 second, $7K cars, and thats factory..haha. yes. sorry, off topic.

it looks like an awesome bike.

3. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I met a guy on a plane who had a Grand National with 23psi turbo setup...

4. Elan

Elan steve french

23psi? holy fuck, the two guys i talked to that had them were running between 7 and 9psi...

if you want a street bike, make sure it has a seat, your your lame ass

5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

Yes I was under the impression turbochargers were 8 or 9 psi, crazy

There is nothing worse than constantly being asked "Where's your seat?" or "Why's your seat so small?" After the first five I just begin to ignore people.

6. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Damn...My Civic COULD boost 23 PSI...but I was sketchy at even running 17......I know a couple Supras and WRXs that boost high 20's and ONE Civic that can boost 35psi.....talk about CRAZY. When a Civic can beat a R6.....you stop trying, LOL!

Sorry for the thread jack....but the bike is nice.

7. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

in the end it's still front wheel drive(the civic), and a lightly modded Z28 could crush you.

friends don't let friends drag race low displacement 4 cylinders

8. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

:werd:

17psi, when the hell did you get traction with fwd? 65?

I drove a integ with a t3/t4 and that damn car was all over the road at 50. How can you like to drive a car like that...

9. oicdn

oicdn Guest

A Z28? Even a stock one with 150 shot I'de DESTROY.....Z28's are a joke. LOL...I ate those for snacks. Nitto drag radials is what I'de use. 10K mile tires suck, LOL!

10. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Have you seen how easily front axels break on those civics when you drag.hahaha. It's halarious, all that boost but they don't go anywhere...ha. :rofl:

11. uownme

stock z28 with a 150shot? What z28 doesnt have a lid, exhaust, and gears? Dont see many "stock" ones rolling around.

How much power is your civic making? 350fwhp? Just a guess..

12. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

My impression is that if you get a V8 car you can make it stupid fast for far less money compared to modding a civic to get the same times.

Edit. Plus you can't make good burnouts or powerslides with a FW car. I personally could forgo the burnouts and settle for a WRX STi :D

13. BBZ2

BBZ2 Member

Rumor has it that Kevin's gramps has a real dragster, just a ruomor though... ;)

14. uownme

v8 owns all but most are ugly
    sti is ugly but fast and AWD
    300zx is ugly but i still like
    supra/rx7 owns all
    i guess im partial to turbo rwd imports...

15. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

cars are gay, ride a bike.

16. uownme

seth you are gay...
    bikes are gay also...

17. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

:werd:

Ive "been there done that" with cars, bikes involve you more instead of some constant war on who has more money to mod their car, and dont even get me started on all the crap that goes on with "kill stories" on the internet, lamest thing ever.

18. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

The honest truth of it is, that building up a V8 rear wheel drive car is dirt cheap compared to an import.

The aftermarket support is pretty close, but probably even more dominant in the V8 market, especially with ford/chevy. Have you looked at the prices that import guys pay for some of their shit? It is absolutely ridiculous.

Camaro SS with drag radials run 12.9's bone stock. Some 3.73's and you drop down to 12.4-12.5. Cam, intake, heads, you have yourself a low 11 second car, for under 4K in mods. Provided you do your research and get the right parts to begin with.

fastest front wheel drive car ON EARTH, runs 185 MPH. Proven stats from the bonneville salt flats. And it was quite far from stock, and had lots of wind tunnel testing. I laugh at the civic guys who say their car can go 150MPH, with lots of pedal left lol. Who do they think they are fooling?

Fastest rear wheel drive? who even knows lol, but if we are talking real cars, and not planes on a rolling chassis, you are still looking at over 250MPH.

Take the Silver state classic, one of the most punishing races for a normal, IE not a full on race car. They take a 110 mile or so stretch of twisty, bumpy nevada highway, super high elevations. Ask drivers to AVERAGE 95 MPH, just for starters, with classes running to 200 MPH, and finally an unlimited class. Fwd cars do not show up often, they can't take the abuse, nor do their engines like the heat. A team from Japan tried 2 years in a row, suffered a break down the first year, and the 2nd year, ran out of gas of all things lmao. This was a multimillion dollar race team.

quarter mile times, the fastest FWD car will always be 3-4 seconds behind the fastest RWD car. Even the top fuel FWD is still at what, 7.5 seconds?

I still give props to a fast car though, FWD or RWD, or AWD, fast cars are fast cars.

PS, GO CHEVELLES lol.

19. Yoda

Yoda They see me rollin'

Anything can be made to run fast in a straight line, including a mini van. It takes real skill to run in the twisties.

Mmmmm, STI
    [​IMG]

20. uownme