Buffalo River Round Up Trials Comp

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Edge, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Edge

Edge New Member

The comp is Sept. 4 in Jasper Ar. A few of us will be leaving Friday the 3rd around 9 in the morning. Who else is going? This is the next to last comp for the Arkansas series.

2. Edge

Edge New Member

3. kamil

kamil Guest

i'm out. gf is comming back for that weekend.

4. seandom

seandom New Member

i'm gonna try and make it.

5. Edge

Edge New Member

Hey Sean,
    Try to get old man Tucker to go. You already have a place to stay.

6. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

not gonna be able to make it , Too close to the devils den comp and too much money for room and gas.

but will be at Devils den

7. Edge

Edge New Member

8. Trialsaddict

Trialsaddict I have no idea.

Im out. Can't get the day off from work. Probably better off anyways since I am broke. :down:

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Sean go buy this cd

The paper chase - God bless your black heart

Its fast but fucking great great.

10. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

What

11. seandom

seandom New Member

sweet. i'll give scott a call and see if he'll make it. i'll be bringing the hydro :)

12. seandom

seandom New Member

this event has been cancelled.

i guess i'll see everyone at devils den.

13. Edge

Edge New Member

sean
    Where did you get the info on this?

14. seandom

seandom New Member

15. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

SOB that really really sucks, After all the crap that i have been trying to get done so that it will make it easier to go, is done, and now the Freaking thing has been cancelled ! !
    SHIT SHIT SHIT
    So I guess now the only one that's left is the Devil's Den ride and the last for quite some time.
    (at least close to Texas that is)

16. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

What about Texas Comps?

Why doesn't someone in Texas throw a trials competition. Remember '98, '99, 00, 01, those were good trials event years in Texas 'cause alot of people were working on trials events. Oh that's right we just whine about having no trials comps to show up at, instead of taking the initiative to talk to some race promoters or other people and organize things. [​IMG]

Remember Kerrville, Comfort, San Antonio, City Park Moto/Bike Trials, Rocky Hill Ranch and Flat Rock Ranch (and other) races/trials events? Those promoters would still love to have a group put on trials events again in coordination w/their races. Hell, they'll take care of insurance and give you awards to pass out. Also they'll feed you, help get you get section judges and even register people.

Wouldn't it be cool if people from other states came to Texas 4 a trials event?
    It was that way b4 here, Tom Neb and Ryder Okamura coming from CO. and taking home $ 4 their efforts.....Now that was f_ ing cool!

17. Edge

Edge New Member

Hey Dave,
    I elect you to take this on. If you have any ideas on how to do this or who to talk to let me know. I would be interested in trying to get something started.

18. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

I remember good old texas comps. If they were actually put on the would have to be up to par. Wouldn't be good if people came down from other states to a shit easy comp.

19. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

Sorry, I'm burned out on that thankless task. I was suggesting someone younger with time on their hands, say someone going to college with no job or someone with some spare time. I'm older than y'all think and have a business to run and I'm out of it nowadays as far as trials goes(BUI/UCI/NORBA???).....and people never help you with comps. I'll show anyone how to do it though if you have the energy.

What if Dallas got a comp together. Somewhere in the city or Grapevine lake, not that way north texas shit though. Austin can do the same. In Austin you could have a comp and the city wouldn't have to know.....or they'll let us use city park I think. I'll ask the city parks coordinator people. Don't ask don't tell may be best.
    Do people ride in anywhere else in this state?
    We should have casual comps where everyone puts in $5 and lay out lines for 2 classes, ride a few more spots and hand out $, beer or buds for the 3 best riders that day...I could handle doing one of those; mobile/hill country style. Jeremy could help me, right?

20. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I remember those comps from 98/99 in those areas. I think the only people still riding from those days are me, you, and Aaron. Who was mostly responsible for those comps? Brendan and Kevin Ivey?

A City Park or Grapevine comp would be super easy, because all you have to do is throw down tape and go. Bring a stereo, a cooler full of water and beers and then you're set… just a laid back super fun comp.