BT Video 1

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by mhoulmont, Oct 18, 2004.

1. mhoulmont

mhoulmont Member

Hey guys, I recently re-installed Windows and now when I play BT 1 it doesn't work correctly. There's nothing wrong with the audio though. The video is really blurry and white. I know it needs divx and I have it, but that doesn't change anything. Thanks.

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Did you try playing it in the DiVX player? If it gives you an error, it will tell you what codec you're missing, usually something like "MJPG" or "Wl32" or whatever.

3. mhoulmont

mhoulmont Member

I tried that already. There isn't an error though. Its just like theres a transparent layer of white over the video. Its really weird.

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I know!

Its my fav mod vid of all time and I used to watch it often with DivX, then the gay update notice finally annoyed me enough to make me get the free update, and now it dont work! exactly how you described it - good sound but picture is blurry and white.

I am furious.

5. chaloux

chaloux Party all the time.

I made a post about this about a month ago and I guess Bill missed it. It doesn't work for me either.

6. mhoulmont

mhoulmont Member

It's such a great vid too. I was thinking that the file that BT supplied observedtrials with was corrupt or something but then I tried getting the copy my friend has (that works fine) and it didnt work on my computer.

7. OTAdmin

I really don't know what to say guys. I have the latest version of divx and I just re-downloaded the video and it works fine for me. I'm not exactly a video guy though, so hopefully someone will have a clue what is going on here.

Can anyone else please confirm that this is or isn't working for them? Here is the link: https://www.observedtrials.net/vb/local_links.php?action=jump&id=24 (and you will have to be logged in, of course :))

Bill

Also, I know that a lot of people say to download the kazaa lite codec pack if all else fails, here is a link to that: ftp://dnftp.naver.com/download/KLite_CodecPack/2.27/klmcodec103.exe

As always, I don't trust anything with kazaa in the title, so scan that sucker for virii... I'm not downloading it ;).

8. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

I have service pack 2 and windows player 9 and it works fine. I don't know what to say either. Thats too bad mike, cause that vid roxorz!

9. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

Colors are fine for me with Media Player 10.

The Video and audio were a little jumpy / skippy, but I'm pretty sure that's because I just installed Norton Internet security 2005 and I no longer have any system resources.:rant2: (sorry for the micro rant.)

10. mhoulmont

mhoulmont Member

I installed the kazaa lite codec pack and it worked. Theres like 10 codecs and i dont know which one it was, but one of them worked. Thanks for the help guys.

11. MikeTheBike

MikeTheBike Active Member

12. daveanscombe

daveanscombe Guest

same er not working getting mad i have serched 4 ages of a koxx mod vid like this

13. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

anyone have a better link for those kazaa codec, the one Bill post stop d/l at about 10% for me. And I already tried d/l that latest version of DivX and its still cloudy. Thx SP2!

14. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Edit - Didnt Work :(

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  15. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

yeah im getting the same thing.
    I have XP w/ SP2 and the DVX player nogo
    tried Powerdirector (nogo) WMP (nogo) DVX (nogo)
    Damn, it looks like it freaking rocks.
    watching anyway.....can see some of it

16. RyanMcVicker

For all the people who are having problems: What is your cpu's clock speed? and What video card do you have?

17. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Pentium IV 1.6ghz

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

18. RyanMcVicker

that should be plenty fast.

Back when, i used to have a 466mhz celeron, with a geforce 2 mx400 32mb. Win98se.

It would play on it, but it would be choppy. So i went into the divx codec properties and turned off post processing and auto post-proc adjust, and it made my video alot smoother and actually watchable.

Now i have a amd athlon xp 2500, geforce 4 ti 4800se 128mb, winxp sp2. And it plays just fine without doing anything.

Make sure you have your video card and motherboard drivers installed too.

19. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

It used to work on this computer.

I tried uninstalling service pack 2, didnt fix the problem.

20. OTAdmin

I have no idea what to tell you guys about how to play it :\. But, you aren't having problems downloading it, are you?