bt ravens

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by sebLG, Apr 29, 2004.

1. sebLG

sebLG New Member

hey yo,

bt ravens ... are they like awsomely good, average, or poo? when i say that i am looking at strength (must be like mega strong), the way they ride ... then anything else.

awsome, thanks, cyall,

SebLG

2. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

ive heard rumors they are > anything else out there. Some think the gussets look "gash" but i like the look of strength. however some may see my opinion as biased?

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I also hear the same, but they're not suited to alot of people UCI style in terms of wheelbase if I remember correctly....

4. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

their wheelbase is in the neighborhood of 1077.. length seems pretty UCI to me :-D

5. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

Well, i own one and imo ride better than a lb1065, the wheelbase for them is quoted at 1080mm, but mine measure in at just over 1090mm and is very much a uci style frame, the chainstays are 381mm so nice and short and i think that they are one of the most stable bikes on the rear wheel, from the ones that i have tried any how.
    and if u can get hold of one go for it, they are awsome for the money, much better than other frames around the same price.

6. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Hopefully some of the UK guys who have BTs can comment as well. The frame is 5lbs of alum with large diameter tubing. From what I heard nobody has broken the Raven4.0 yet. The 3.0 had some failures but tubes were smaller. As far as quality goes. The welds are nothing to really get excited about, but they are consistent and look strong. Most importantly (for me anyways) the frame is aligned and I faced no build difficulties (except for having to space the BB due to the chain stay clearance).

The ride is very good. You can sit on the rear for quite some time without loosing too much energy. My wedges and taps have improved significantly after I switched to the long frame.

7. Bigman 86

I am one of those UK owners, and i haven't had any probs with it, like i said before.
    It seems very strong atm, but that will be tested when i get the confidence to drop more than 5ft, as being above average weight,
    :cough:eek:ve 250pounds:cough: i am definatly testing it.
    It gaps soooo well, my record is on this frame of 6ft10 atm.

8. SuffolkTrials

SuffolkTrials Guest

i agree, gapping on bt seems so effort less. so much better than my mod! :cool:

9. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

bigman are those stays measured by you?

10. Bigman 86

Yeh, i measured them, they came out between 381 and 382mm but i say 381 as it sounds better, it rides better than my mates koxx, with my bt having slightly lower componentry

11. rav

rav Guest

New BT's products

[​IMG]
    80g

[​IMG]
    740mm
    [​IMG]
    400mm long
    [​IMG]
    425mm long

12. B1105

B1105 New Member

those are some kickass looking handlebars and forks

13. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

it looks just like the kinesis/monty forks?

14. pav

pav New Member

whoa do they come in 4 bolt??

pav

15. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

handlebars look sick

carbon owns

16. sebLG

sebLG New Member

all that stuff looks awsome. hmm, bt's seem pretty awsome so far, they definately look awsome ... awsome ...

17. rav

rav Guest

BT F1 from this same factory as FORXX but change for another disc dimension and avalilable M+DISC/V+DISC

CrMo head tube

[​IMG]

[​IMG]