BT raven as a street urban frame.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Rob.K, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Ya I was just wondering what you think of the BT raven below as an urban frame, and will it be capable doing some street stuff?
    I like this bike it's pretty. :drool:
    [​IMG]

2. sebLG

sebLG New Member

is that your bike? ... :eek: ... but yeah any trials bike could be used for street/urban/park. in fact they would be better for it i think, coz trials bikes feel so much better than any other bike, but lets not go into that. although i dont approve of it because i am a bigtime pureist, it would go fine id say.

3. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

That frame is very long isn't it? Would make bunnyhops more difficult. But not impossible I guess...

4. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

1085mm i believe

5. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Give it a shot for Urban.. I hear the wheelbase is about 1085-1090 depending on the fork. For Urban and Street you're gonna want the front end up some. Looks like you have that with the spacers under the stem and with that fork. Not ideal.. but you could work it. Can you measure your actual wheelbase for those of us considering getting one of these frames too? Thats a ZOO fork right?
    Thanks Rob.. awesome bike.

6. LostBoyScout

LostBoyScout Guest

The big difference is do you plan to do trials moves on street, or street moves on street? Long wheelbase bikes are more difficult to manual, and flick around but aren't incapable of doing so. Whatever you can do on a street oriented bike you'll probably be able to do on the BT... just not quite as well.

7. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

For real street or park riding it's to long, and it doesn't have a seat, which is essential.

For urban trials it should be fine. Not the prettiest frame in the world but it looks like it would ride well.

8. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Its not the prettiest? I thought it was pretty damn pretty.

Only one I can think of that rivals it is the XTP

9. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

i think it looks like a brisa. which is the ugliest bike ever made. I hate thos gussets or whatever they are on the downtube as well. Looks like it would be a nice riding bike.

10. BBZ2

BBZ2 Member

For a street bike, meaning more Ryan Leech style trials, I don't think that bike's set up is very good. A long frame means the "only" way you are going to be able to up things is either by slapping them or by pedaling into them, no bunny hops. Spining is also much harder on a longer frame. Furthermore, pure street style looks pretty funny with a UCI bike, watching someone manuel a bike that is 1080 :greddy2: . I sold my Pure because it was to long and was not what I wanted for a street beast.
    Awesome looking bike, have fun with it!!

11. B1105

B1105 New Member

This a little off topic and mainly for Roman, but does anyone know if BT plans on making a newer version which is lighter?

I'm thinking about getting one in a few months or so.

12. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

many uk riders adore that frame for trials-street

13. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

I have always thought it to look like a brisa as well.

Lets hope it isn't plagued with the same crap people have to put up with when they ride a brisa.

14. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

15. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I think Rav is going to make pretty much the same frame. As far as weight goes. Its a 5lb frame which is going to last you a while. However, it rides very well and it feels much lighter than it actually is. Plus you can offset the weight by using lighter tires and such.

As far as length goes.
    My bike works out to be 1085 with a surley disc fork.

16. koxxrider_uk

koxxrider_uk New Member

wow that looks so sweet :bigthumb:

17. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Nice bike that. He decided it was too long for him though, so mummy and daddy bought him a POO Shitbull. Then he didnt like that either, so they bought him an Echo Pure. And enough parts to build it up too, to see which he liked best. (To go with his pimped out Echo Team and Spesh big hit... oh and Identiti jump bike)

And then they bought him some Taiwanese components with 'Viz' on them to try and sell, as a 'business'. Hahahahah what a fukkin joke (http://www.vizbikes.com if you want a laugh).

But erm yeah.... spoilt kiddies, love em :)

Aaannyyywaayy.. no reason you cant have a long bike! People tend to go shorter for 'steet' though... just coz its easier (you cant ride *proper* trials as easily though :p)