Brisa Video

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by DaleM, Sep 17, 2004.

1. DaleM

DaleM Guest

I know this is going to be a lightning rod for anti Brisa this and that, so what.

I went riding with Cris today, he is leaving for Brazil on Tuesday, and shot some video and pics - to be posted later. After the ride we went back to the house and got a sneak preview of the Brisa video, KILLER!

I will be honest, it is not like any typical trials video, it seems to be very skateboard influenced in regards to editing, use of slowmotion and effects - but not so much as to be intrusive. It is kind of a lifestyle video of pro trials riders, travels, language barriers, and mostly riding.

A ton of Nelson and Cris video with other brisa and non-brisa riders mixed in. Sections from Motorama, Flint, Walled Lake, European Bike Show, speed trials, Brazil, Las Vegas, etc. 50 minutes of riding.

I will be honest, it was more fun to watch than Manifesto if that means anything.

So there you have it, a short review of a yet to be released trials video. very cool.

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I would rather watch paint dry than manifesto, if thats saying anything...look forward to seeing this vid, hopefully someone I know will actually pay for it.

3. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

:rofl:

4. AndyT

AndyT New Member

seriously, did you see that shit teaser?? Like 2 years ago or wtfever? I mean...

it has got slow motion, its probably like a skate video.

:hsugh: x29830429024

5. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Not to bag on the video, but I can't stand Santos' riding style. Perhaps you saw my review of Match II? :rofl: Anyhow, is this vid just Cris and Nelson? Are there other riders? How many of each rider?

6. JK

JK New Member

psssyyyyyyyche!

7. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Who is editing this video? Are they involved with trials in any way? I saw a Koxx video with Vincent and what not in it and it was the worst video I have ever seen, and Vincent is my favourite rider to watch. There is no way this video was edited by someone who had any knowledge of trials tho. That is why it sucked.

When you say skateboard style I instantly assumed not edited by someone in the trials world. The teaser also led me to this conclusion. In fact it was the worst teaser I have ever seen. Do another one. It's not making anyone want this video.

Also I talked to some guys at Norco and they say Manifesto is better than the Brisa video. Now I'm really confused....

8. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

dalem, does brisa have plans to make a longer bike?

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

truer words never spoken.

10. shastamicnasty

shastamicnasty Member

how can anything be better then Manifesto....

ok, so i am up leech's ass :greddy:

11. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Yes from what I've heard. But dates keep being pushed back if what I hear is true. I also hear a street style bike??? Who knows. My source is terrible.

12. shastamicnasty

shastamicnasty Member

i don't think your source is terrible... i spoke with roger a couple of months back and he told me exactly what you said.

13. gmart

gmart Guest

chris??

onde eu posso ver esse vídeo???

14. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Well then apparently my source is still terrible, but true. Who knew.

15. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

16. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I really think we are being too hard on brisa here, what I believe we are dealing with is a cultural gap between Brazil and the rest of the developed world. The useage of the word "psyche" at the end of the trailer, whats it in reference to? "Psyche! we dont really have a DVD"? or "Psyche! We are bankrupt?" or "Psyche! the lighting wasnt real in the first shot!" In all honesty maybe 2 moves caught my attention in the video, the sidehop over a fence (Only interesting angle/VERY big move in the video) and the shitastic abubica (If thats what it was supposed to be.)

I quot the site, didnt they actually warranty every fork they made?
    BRISA goes all out extends warranty on everything!!

17. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Brisas warranty is manufacturers defect. It doesn't cover their own stupidity in design. Only when others fuck up actually building the product and not them. They can make that manufacturers warranty for 608453804 years and it makes 0 difference in the number of forks they warranty.

18. DaleM

DaleM Guest

Like I said, lightning rod.

The psych part is gone, the drop to the Van from the roof does happen. There are a TON of huge moves in it like Nelsons backwards gap of 8 feet while at least eight feet in the air, huge ups, etc.

As for the forks and other shit, I dont care. not my concern. Personally I am sick of the garbage. it seems that everyone just loves to kick them around and I cannot figure out why.

How many USA frames have broken (B26d)? How many stems? how many bars? I dare say the numbers are along the same lines as any other manufacturers. Yes, there was a bad run of forks and as far as I know those have been taken care of.

I have seen dozens of pictures of Planet-X bikes broken but they do not seem to get eh ridecule like Brisa.

As for a cultural issue, I think there is one to a certain degree. All those at the core of Brisa are Brazillian and thus have a different viewpoint and personalities as those in America.

As for the diting it is being done by a Brazillian editor and from what I can tell he knows something about trials, though, I think some of the edits were a bit quick. The video is not done yet, though, so those things can change.

Why do i even bother posting anything about them here, all it is a bunch of people piling on.

19. Elan

Elan steve french

some people appreciate your efforts, they jus dont want to be shat on for chiming in.

20. BrettM

BrettM New Member

If I'm being singled out I have made far more posts recently aboots what PX is up to than Brisa. I call it as I see it. I didn't mention anything aboots any other Brisa part. I rode frame, bar and stem and all 3 were awesome.

I will most likely end up with the video even as a result of the worst teaser ever. I'm sure the dude who is editing it is far more qualified than any internet video producer but I can guarantee I would prefer it to be edited by an Andy T or Kevin S or tons of the other guys. Even Mike Bentham who rides for Brisa has very good editing skills.

The Koxx video had the same problem. Some goof who I assumed knew nothing aboots it editing it. Amazing moves and riding, but thank god they slowed down Vincents sketchy manual on a sidewalk and not his 4 foot taps to rear.

Is the dude who is working on the full vid the same dude who edited the teaser?