Brisa Bars?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by sammy, May 24, 2004.

1. sammy

sammy New Member

I have bent my brisa bars and would like to try somthing else, but would like that same up sweep bend the same as the brisa's. What other Manufactures use this stlye of bend? And is there a wider bar out there.

sam

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

wider than the brisa? nah I wish eh'
    I've never heard of a wider bar that isnt meant for MX.
    Echo bulge bars are you best bet

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

echo or another set of brisa bars... nothing is really going to be wider than the brisas. you can get extentions made if you are feeling daring and adventurous.

4. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

As long as u know your gonna need a different stem for the Echo bars because the Brisa has the weird bulge that is more than standard MTB bars but smaller than normal bulge bars, i would say go with the echo bars because brisa parts everywhere seem to be malfunctioning and a pair of mine snapped on me doing a two foot drop :down: echo parts seem to be holding up well recently so that would be the company i would go for.

5. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

echo bars seem to be pretty roxxor.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

monty greenbars

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

nothing fits in brisas stem, which is one of a million reasons why they should be going out of business soon.

8. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Brisa's best component is their bar and stem combo, that or their push in uni seats. However, what does that say really? I dunno. My Brisa bar and stem are still going strong, but who knows...

9. Elan

Elan steve french

i hear from trusted sources that brisa isnt too popular with the people who like to buy stuff and have it last a while or two.

10. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

the brisa bar is awesome, but the stems are shit. The brisa bar is not awesome enough to buy it and shim it to decent stems though, just get echo bulge bar and stem, all seem of sufficient quality and fairly stiff - I doubt you'll hear of many echo bar failures.

- Joel

11. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

measure the inner diameter in your bar, go to a local school that has Mechanics, tell em to make you a bar extension in plastic , just like half an inch outside the bar and half an inch inside the bar, make the diameter of the plastic thingy a little too big so you have to push it hard in, i had it on my first bike , it works really great.

School`s useally does such stuff for free, teacher is just happy to give em some assignements , besides its a 5 minute job .

Btw, best thing is to bring your bar with you .

12. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

btw, echo bar can take some serious beating, mine is still going fine , never switched.

13. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

You bent your Brisa bars? Do you have the Elite bars? I've had mine for well over a year and they are still going strong...they are awesome...
    Try and get Brisa to replace them for you, they stand behind their Elite bars and very few people if any have broken them or bent them...now the older Brisa bars are another story...I have personally witnessed those things snapping on somebody when they were doing a really big up....