Brisa bars. Help.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by ONLY, Sep 25, 2004.

1. ONLY

ONLY New Member

I'm on Easton EA 70 now, but it seems too short for me, its only 695mm. I don't want Try-All bars, because i don't trust them. There aren't wider rise bars, so i decide to try flat bars. Want to buy Brisa carbon bar, BUT i have a doubt about this bar, is it strong enough? any broken? Also, i don't know the weight and lenght. And, one more, does flat bars cause a wrist illness? Please help. Thanks.

2. AlainY

AlainY bruises that won't heal

You know sometimes i do wonder about that. I mean, handlebars have had their own evolution through the years (Easton, specialized etc) and now trials makers, with not much experience in making bars, are coming up with bars that are possible un-ergonomic.

3. ONLY

ONLY New Member

You mean brisa, echo etc are unergonomic? but i've thought that they are. but when you go from riser to flat, your wrist will ill for some time. no?

4. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

Yes, I've seen the Brisa carbon bar snap. Right at the stem. The stem clamp can cut into the carbon weave a little bit, instant weak spot. I'd trust the try-all bars more than the Brisa.

That, and the Brisa bars are a funky size, in between standard mtb bars and oversize bulge bars.

5. !yo

!yo Guest

from the brisa website "The EVO Carbon is made from 7075 T6 aluminum, wrapped with carbon fiber combining the best of both worlds.
    Resulting in a 25% lighter bar than the BOMB proof Elite model
    at the same stiffness and strength"

i don't know about all that, but i have to say i am totally hooked on the brisa bar feel! i have bent a pair of the elites doing a stupid drop and landing too flat - that would have busted any bar. but that was just bent. i got another bar and it has been fine - i now ride it on my monty. there is just something about the feel of it - very wide and swept back, not really a rise - if you can understand - hehe the only drawback from the the bar/stem is that they only work with each other - like they said before.

http://brisabike.com/index2.htm
    good luck

6. Simonk

Simonk Guest

Everybody always says koxx bars are weak, but I've noticed, at least around here, that heaps of people run those bars, and personally i've never heard of many breaking. Of course they do flex a lot, and there were those rumors of koxx riders having a few sets spare in the boot, but it seems to me that either they hardly ever actually break or i've been living in a hole for the last two years.

7. besham

besham Guest

\

The difference between riser and flat bars should not effect your wrists. What you need to look at is the sweep of the bars (the angle they bend back). I like bars with alot of sweep (around 15%) but that is strictly personal pref. I feel they support my wrists better than a bar without much sweep. Also I angle them almost straight up.

8. SQuiT-man

SQuiT-man Guest

The new Try All bars are much better than last years. The bulge is extended, and from every single review and feedback i have heard so far about them, they are hugely strong and stiff (stiffer than even megamo, monty, echo, etc- much different to the ultra-flexy edition from last year!)