Brendan Dwan's Site

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Patrick, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Member

http://lonestar.texas.net/~trials/

Do any of you remember this guy from Austin? I know Dave does! I used to read his website over and over when I was first learning about trials in 1999. He had alot of good, helpful info on that site. He and Cody Koeninger used to ride all the time together and were responsible for putting on some good comps in San Antonio and Rocky Hill ranch. If you go to the site now, you can see lots of info about him riding in Australia... I even noticed an old skool pic that looks like it was from Lajitas 99'. I think the experts at the time were Dave Weyman, Brendan, Kevin from SA (cool guy), and of course the infamous Buddy Vargas.

2. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

Hey Patrick,
    It's funny how fast the sport progresses. Brendan and I just ride sport now......Brendan rides some strange bikes, but he rides really well! I miss him the most of the "older trials guys". Cody would like to think he put on comps.

Look at this cool water section in Kerville a few years ago...Look at that weird mod bike. http://lonestar.texas.net/~trials/images/galleries/tx_kerrville_99/pages/daveair.htm

3. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

David, I called Vern and told him about this weekend, he was pumped to hear youre coming out, he's going to see what he can do, but's he's scheduled all weekend.

4. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I remember that beast. That was an extra long mod built specially for you, right? Nevil Boogie Woogie or something like that? I remember seeing that for the first time at Lajitas in 99' and you were spraying sugar water on your rims.

I was pimping my Trek 7000 with clipless pedals in the beginner class. yeah!

I like seeing those old pics from texas comps.

5. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

I remember that big ass ugly bike! From that one comp, dont remember the name though. That thing was wicked..memories...

6. Patrick

Patrick New Member

If you go to his site you can lots of pics, like Lajitas 99' and Smithville. Does anyone know where to get pics from Lajitas 2000?

Now that there seems to be a resurgence of Texas trials riders, you guys should start up another grass roots series.

ideas:
    Grapevine
    City Park in Austin
    Kerrville
    etc..

7. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

We should find a time when people can best come to Austin/Hill country and set up a cool ride with lots of folks......more fun than comps-less work
    but very fun. I'll organize it if folks will come. Like last time..

8. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

I would show up for that. And I am pretty sure Jeff would too, we've been talking about going to Austin for a trials ride in a few weeks.

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

im always up for a ride...and austin is a helluva lot closer than dallas for me..

10. Stevomatic

Stevomatic Guest

Ahhh, sweet memories. Looking back at those comp pictures, I know I can now clean everything Kerrville had to offer.

I may have some pics from Lajitas 2001, (or was it 2000?) where all of us went down to and Ryder came down from Durango.

11. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I think it was 2000. yeah, we drank beers with neb and ryder while Steve meditated to Sinead O'Connor in the USA Biketrials Van. good times..

12. Stevomatic

Stevomatic Guest

Remember that cool bar? That was the coolest place I've ever been to. I think Aaron, Dave, you, me, Chuck, Vern, Mark, Jack, and a bunch of others were there.

I'd drive down there just to goto that place again.

13. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Yeah, it was in Terlingua. We shared some pitchers.. It was some sort of cave bar.

Didn't mark and verne get drunk and dance and cry? Maybe I'm getting confused.

14. Stevomatic

Stevomatic Guest

They were dancing at the little town watching that band Riddlin Kids. Remember we were eating and went out there and I took their picture. I think I still have it somewhere. Mark had his shinguards on even though the comp ended several hours earlier.