Brakes

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Little Android Man, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

Hey do you need some sort of adapter to run V brakes on a four bolt frame? It looked like that echo in the media section didnt have one, but Im just checking..if you do need an adapter where can you get one?

2. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Yes. You need an adaptor. I'm not sure where to get one though. The one in the media section has Canit bolts with magura threads on them. Very clever and looks very clean. I think he made them himself or something.

3. Little Android Man

so all you need is a 5m thread then and something to take up the leftover space inside the brake arm? that is if you dont have an adapter

4. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

A loose affiliation of creative people ,who can't ever finish a project.Forcast their their arrival on the market just after Interbike 2007.

I've already got 20 sets of v-brake bosses, just no motivation to finish the rest of the project.

So....No.....aside from woodmans sad attempt...They don't really exist...

5. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

The maggie mounts are 4mm..

6. Little Android Man

alright so 4mm and a spacer/washer thing. whatever.

7. ty

ty Guest

last i knew kenC was having some v-brake adaptors made you could prob pm him............

8. evileye

evileye Guest

on the subject of v-brake adapters i remember awhile ago a company making a 4 bolt magura adapters or was that just for the brisa?
    anybody know

9. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

The company is onza.

10. evileye

evileye Guest

to make v -brake canti bosses into 4 bolt magura mounts is that right thanks dude

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

a piece of sheet metal will help you out.

12. evileye

evileye Guest