brake trouble

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by mikemad23, Dec 12, 2004.

1. mikemad23

mikemad23 Guest

I have a maugara clara and it sucks poop. It only engages to its full power half the time, sometimes the lever goes all the way to the handle bar, sometimes half way. I think this means the oil is to think but i dont want to bleed it, especialy since its about 2 months old. So the question is will maugara bleed it for free since its their fault?

2. lowside

lowside eh?

Just because its only 2 months old doesn't make it their fault. It's your responsability to bleed it properly or it's not guaranteed to work well at all.

The bleed kit is like $20 and it's pretty easy, do some reading, you can fix this yourself.

3. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

It's just the brake pumping up, that's what open system hydro disc brakes do. A thinner oil, like magura royal blood will decrease the pump, but not eliminate it.

If it's the brake power that's pissing you off, it's the pad/rotor contact. Make sure your brake is bedded in and that the pads and rotor are clean. Check for wet grit around the seals of the caliper, if you find any, it's possible that your brake is leaking, which probably seeped some oil onto the pads.

4. mikemad23

mikemad23 Guest

"It's your responsability to bleed it properly "
    not if its pre bleed. I shouldnt have to spend an extra 20 dollars on a product to make it work
    thanks for the help i think il just buy a bleed kit.