Brake pad

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by danwk, Nov 24, 2004.

1. danwk

danwk Guest

Hi, Im using plaz pads right now (the yellow one) for the front and it is finishing.... so i need new pads, but i don't know what to get.

The plaz pads Im using stick like i don't know what when dry on a smooth brake surface, but when it gets wet, it's as good as no brakes and i'm not liking that.

So i want to noe what pads out there has modulation when dry and does not lose it's power when wet.... somewhat similar to a disc brake feel... Any?

Thanks

2. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

Ever consider running a light grind?

3. Cole

Cole New Member

Good luck with modulation with a grind. Use koxx bloxx.

4. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

if you want a disc brake feel, may I suggest a disc brake?

5. Elan

Elan steve french

only thing that works well in wet is a grind or a disc. grind = 0 modulation, so bad for front disc-great modulation, which means its your only option.

6. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I run a very light grind on the front with Koolstop MTB pads. Works well. Modulation improves as the grind wears down, and the pad wear isn't bad at all (over 12 months on same pads). Works in the wet too. Doesn't modulate nearly as well as a disc of any sort though.

- Joel

7. danwk

danwk Guest

I want a disc brake of course but i don't have the money.. started to save up for one already... but not only a disc brake i still gotta buy a hub, the spokes...

thanks guys for the answers..

8. Elan

Elan steve french

yea, switching to disc is an expensive operation. for sure. many people still ride v or maguras on hte front. they just arent as great all around as disc. you can get a decent set up for sure without having to buy a disc brake. light grinds and good v-brakes seem to be the best bet.

9. norco tt

norco tt New Member

i run a HS 33 with my rim grinded and with the pads they came with and they work good. but iam going to get plaz pads soon.

10. ol1988

ol1988 Guest

a set of heatsinks batch bs are good on polished rims worth considering