Brake levers??

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by skibumintrialsfreak, May 16, 2004.

1. I am not sure if there has been a post on this or not but I am looking for a new brake lever for the Magura HS33 the stock levers blow sooooo much.

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i had a cnc lever. it near shattered when i fell on it (about 10 cracks on it, and also the part where it connects snapped). mostly my fault though.

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

correction- you used to be able to buy from magura... good luck finding any around now.

would there be any interest in a lever that doesnt suck. if it is worth while i would look into having a batch of levers machined.

5. OTAdmin

Kevin, we all know that no parts ever get made out of riders possibly wanting them. No one wants to commit because 95% of us are young and rarely have money. To sell parts in the trials industry you have to fork out the startup capital to have them made, test them yourself, and then keep em in stock. If you do it right, people will buy them, you just have to wait til they have money. I'm guessing it would be profitable, but not right away!

Bill

6. WhiteRavenKS

trials riders are fickel. i wont be making them after all.

"hey i would totally be down for learning from the best riders in the world for only a very small fee that would just cover expenses- that would be a once in a lifetime experience!"

7. OTAdmin

Kevin, I think the main thing was that people didn't want to commit, but I think a fair amount of riders would have shown.

8. WhiteRavenKS

im just giving an example of how flacky trials riders can be. - hey it's time to pay up for the camps... we need to pay now? what? i dont want to...

machining a batch of levers would be expensive. maybe when i strike it rich off this new fangled internet thing i will do it.

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Its hard to do a camp on a weekday when you have school...

I would be up for a lever though. Nice and stiff, just like i like it.

10. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

it was vaca for our town.. but i guess we are to gay for real bike riders..

11. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i would pay for a lever. i am using the normal magura one, and after coming from an RB (which leaked), i am desiring more.

12. felix

felix New Member

The cnc maggie levers are very nice.
    They are lighter than the normal ones and much more ergonomic.

Unfortunately they are no longer produced.
    When Magura sold them out I bought several sets of them for only 10 Euro (about 12 $) a pair.

13. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

webcyclery.com still has them i believe

14. WhiteRavenKS

not as far as i know they dont.

15. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

16. WhiteRavenKS

just because it's on the site doesnt mean they have any more. they might. thats not what i last heard though.

17. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

as far as i know my friend(chris pitts) and i got the last set of the cnced levers from webcyclery. when chris ordered them webcyclery told him they were they last ones. so good luck finding one but if you do they are WELL WORTH IT!

18. OTAdmin

You have to pay al gore royalties :(

19. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Though I've always ridden maggies ,I think there is more need for a v-brake adaptor.STill after all this time .