Brake booster dilemma

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by dangle7, Oct 6, 2004.

1. dangle7

dangle7 New Member

hey all, i just recently got my woodman elite up and running about a week ago, all bits and pieces assembled and whatnot, and so far it seems to be my ultimate urban/ trials machine. that is except for one thing. my stock magura brake booster. i put a rear hs33 on my bike, mainly because of the dedicated mounts, but also because they're amazing, but when i got things all set up i almost cried. my booster didn't fit. it seems like it's not wide enough to reach the other side of my mount. i need about an extra cm or so. just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where or how i could go about getting a new, proper fitting booster. i'm thinking my best option would be to get a woodman xl carbon booster, but that could be quite costly. and by the way, i'm running a dx32 with a tioga factory dh on the back, so i also need some vertical clearance.

cheers

2. Ross

Ross New Member

threshold booster is super burly and strong and rigid. That would be my choice.

3. Shorty2020

Shorty2020 Guest

i agree with imprezza here i would just fork out a few xtra bucks and go with the threashold it will last forever (maybe even longer than the roaches, no that stupid there invincible)

damn roaches

4. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

i agree aswell. Seems to be the only decent booster readily avaliable at the moment.

5. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

dont blow your money on carbon boosters... threshold.

6. Jupiter Zones

Jupiter Zones Guest

RB Desgin boosters are quite good to.Maybe costly though.

7. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

yeah I've had an RB booster for about a year and a half. Works ok except one of the spacers is stuck in the booster :( any 4-bolt booster would be fine.

8. sharpe

sharpe Guest

don't waste your money on a new booster!..when you can put it in a vice and hammer it out to fit. that's exactly what i did and it's great! flexes no more than the usual un-modified magura booster which is a fair bit. that's on my echo pure by the way.